Douglas Manor, a 90-bed skilled nursing facility in Windham, CT., is currently looking for per diem Physical Therapy Assistants to join our team of healthcare heroes!
We are looking for committed Physical Therapy Assistants to act as the patient’s partner throughout the trip of restoring motion and ensuring that the client will function at their personal best. You will maximize the quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment or intervention, and rehabilitation.
- Identify and meet patients’ goals and needs
- Offer cost-effective treatments that help improve clients’ motion and mobility
- Reduce the need for medications and provide alternatives to surgery
- Develop care plans using a variety of treatment techniques
- Create fitness- and wellness-oriented programs tailored to patients’ specific needs
- Provide quality, personalized and evidence-based care and proven interventions
- Motivate patients during treatment in order to help them function optimally
- Promote clients’ healthy lifestyle by improving strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Consult and practice with other health professionals
- Evaluate effects and monitor and communicate progress
- Document patient care services
- Proven work experience as a physical therapist
- Intensive education and clinical expertise
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities
- Current knowledge of treatment practices
- Drive to continually learn and grow
- Professional behavior
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid license to practice physical therapy
- Graduate degree or greater in physical therapy
Douglas Manor is an amazing plce to work and our Rehabilitation Team is phenomenal. Come join a winning team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windham, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply