*$5K-10K SIGN-ON BONUS*
SHIFT: Weekdays, Rotating Weekend On-Call, No Weeknight On-Call
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Part-Time, or PRN
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At Novus LifeCare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Registered Nurse today with Novus LifeCare.
At Novus LifeCare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- Life Insurance options
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an Novus LifeCare Nurse
Under the general direction of the Director of Clinical Services and the Hospice Medical Director a Registered Nurse serves to ensure development and compliance of the hospice comfort program and the development of family and patient relationship with the agency.
- Coordinates hospice care by working with other team members as well as with the patients/family members to ensure needs are met.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of hospice services to the patient and family on an ongoing basis.
- Perform evaluations for hospice care along with informational visits as needed.
- Utilize the nursing process to provide professional nursing care.
- Consult with the attending physician and Hospice Medical Director concerning changes in patients’ condition requiring order changes and/or changes in the plan of care.
- Coordinate patient services with other members of the IDG as well as contracted services, when needed.
- Submit complete, accurate and relevant clinical notes in a timely manner.
- Submit patient visit schedule weekly.
- Participate in IDG and case conferences.
- Discuss with the supervisor if IDG determines that the patient would benefit from contracted services.
- Take responsibility for ensuring patients’ plans of care are kept current.
- Performs on-call duties (including holidays) per policy and agency need.
- Actively participates in QAPI meetings and activities.
- Participate in staff development meeting.
- Continually strive to improve his/her nursing care skills by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and/or individual research and reading.
- Provide education to patients/family members regarding the dying process, plan of care and offers guidance with healthcare decisions.
- Provide dietary counseling, taking into account health issues and dietary changes at the end of life.
- Perform death visit per agency’s policy.
- Participate in the patient’s discharge planning process.
- Maintain an on-going knowledge of current drug therapy.
- Adhere to Federal, state and accreditation requirements including Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- May be requested by a supervisor to fill in for the other nurses.
- Conduct an initial as well as ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patients.
- Obtain a medical history from the patient and/or a family member particularly as it relates to the present condition.
- Conduct a physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite and type of diet, etc.
- Evaluate the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required.
- Evaluate the patient’s environment to determine what assistance will be available from family members in caring for the patient and what services may be needed.
- Be competent in knowledge about different levels of care and when it’s appropriate to offer them.
- Explain nursing and other Agency services to patients and families as a part of planning for care.
- Develop and implement the initial plan of care and work with other members of the IDG in completing and maintaining the comprehensive plan of care.
- Nursing services, treatments and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill and ordered by the physician.
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, including drugs, as well as changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
- Supervise and evaluate the care given by the Hospice Aide at a minimum of once every 14 days and as needed.
- Chart those services rendered to the patient by the staff nurse and changes that have been noted in the patient’s condition and/or family and home situation, makes revisions in the nursing care plan as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the Hospice Aide, evaluates patient care and progress and closes charts of discharged patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of her nursing service to the individual and family.
- Discuss with the supervisor problems concerning the patients and possible resolution.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the LPN and supervises the LPN a minimum of every 30 days.
- Cooperate with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participate in staff development meetings.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Must be licensed in the State of MISSOURI and KANSAS as a Registered Nurse.
- One year of RN experience preferred and one year of Hospice experience preferred.
- Must have excellent assessment skills and problem solving skills.
- Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time management and have knowledge of case management processes.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
At Novus LifeCare, we are committed to ensuring each patient is treated with the Compassion, Respect, and Dignity we would treat our own family with. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Novus LifeCare embodies the mission and heart of every healthcare worker. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 100 clinical staff who represent the whole metro area.
Several of our renowned programs, including our wishing well, Oncology care, heart failure, diabetes, and veterans programs. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive home health and hospices in the Kansas City region.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact Mateo at Novus LifeCare at 913-375-8587.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN, Per diem
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan forgiveness
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Wound Care
- Long term care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Crisis pay
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Did you text 913-375-8587 to schedule an interview? If not, please do in order to fast-track the interview process.
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply