We are recruiting for Registered Dietitians to join our WIC program in one of our state of the art health centers in Kerman/Mendota.
Under the direction of the WIC Nutrition Assistant (WNA) II/III, the Registered Dietitian is responsible for conducting income, residence, and category screening; documenting WIC eligibility/certification information; providing participant orientation, conducting nutrition assessments; providing appropriate nutrition individual/group education sessions; developing the individual nutrition education plan (INEP); and prescribing and issuing food instruments.
- Works closely with the WNA II/III and other members of the WIC site team to:
- Provide referrals to health care and/or social services
- Provide participant orientation
- Prescribe and issue food instruments
- Scheduling WIC eligible/participants’ appointments
- Answer telephone calls
- Conduct income, residence, and category screening
- Document certification
- Conduct nutrition assessment
- Provide nutrition education
- Develop the INEP
- Assist in planning of nutrition education topics and outlines for classes.
- Minimum educational requirement of completion of an internship accredited by Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND); and certified as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Possess a valid Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Card
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in providing education/counseling/training, in a healthcare or community setting.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish desired
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with WIC participants and WIC staff of differing backgrounds; team player
- Knowledge and understanding of and sensitivity to area minority groups and their socio economic backgrounds and cultures.
- Customer-service oriented and basic computer skills
- Effectively interview and conduct group education and one-to-one education
- Able to regularly make appropriate decisions
- Able to provide effective assistance to paraprofessional staff
- Able to effectively organize work, with limited supervision
- Familiar with adult learning and general training techniques
- Positive professional insight
- Flexibility and dependability
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Modern office practices and procedures including email
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
**Travel may be required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Have you completed an internship accredited by Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND); and certified as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)?
- What is your desired salary?
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply