CorroHealth is adding to our team!
The Auditing & Education Consultant is responsible for assisting in planning, development, implementation, ongoing monitoring and improvement of programs, products and services provided to the physician and practice management communities.
- Conduct high quality audits for both hospital owned and physician owned practices as it relates to the ambulatory setting or professional services rendered in hospital settings.
- Analyze findings and identify potential root causes of produced errors.
- Applies current medical coding and reimbursement knowledge to medical data
- Responsible for auditing and providing constructive feedback to clients
- Reviews patient charts and makes recommendations regarding coding, documentation, and reimbursement to identify errors and inconsistencies, under coded and up coded services as recognized by the AHA, CMS, AMA, AHIMA, Coding Clinic, and CPT Assistan .
- Educational focus will evolve and adjust depending upon the needs of the client and may relate to ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS and 95-97 Guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare deliverables for the client as required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Very flexible and efficient and able to perform effectively in stressful situations.
- Manage a section of work from simple to complex. Understand the scope of the total project
- Able to work independently and know when to seek support from supervisor
- Ability to effectively manage more than one assignment at a time and organize and prioritize work to meet client needs and timelines
- Report work time and work products in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicates with coworkers in an open and respectful manner that promotes teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Interact with clients in a professional manner that, at all times, exhibits excellent relationship, work performance and communication skill so as to support the company and its business interests
- Provide schedule of planned work activities, events and sites, and any changes to same, to Management and appropriate staff
- Travel, as required
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Recognized coding credential from AHIMA or AAPC; an RHIA or RHIT may also be considered
- Experience with telecommuting and electronic medical record systems strongly preferred.
- Works well with numbers, using basic math skills
- Ability to work with multiple and diverse clients and projects
- Possess extensive knowledge of medical and health care policies and processes
- Familiar with medical laws, terminologies and ethics
- Effective command over verbal and written communication with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and mentor others
- Strong team and collaborative skills
- Strong supervisory, organizational and management background related to physician practice management
- Possess sound judgment and analytical skills
- Familiar with operating systems like Microsoft Power-point, Excel, Word
Physical Requirements and Demands:
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with constant interruptions is required. At times, incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Incumbent may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
A job description is only intended as a guideline and is only part of the employee’s function. The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that the essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate
Click Here To Apply