The Obstetrics Technician is responsible for labor rooms and operating room duties related to laboring patients. Responsible for stocking and maintaining supplies in Labor rooms, Operating Rooms, PACU, Ante partum rooms and Triage area. May assist with entering and generating charges in Labor and Delivery. The OB Tech shares duties with the US/NA in the Women’s and Children’s area. Assists RN in setting up instruments for a delivery outside of the operating room. Provide transportation duties and assistance when needed.
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, participates in the patient/ family care and experience through teamwork, effective communication, basic care skills, and specialized skills in equipment and basic care to serve a defined patient population.
Provides care based on the age-related needs of the newborn, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, educational needs, communication style, and level of understanding.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Certificate of Completion from a Surgical Technician Program required.
· Previous experience in a Labor and Delivery setting preferred. · Current nurses assistant experience or outside agency experience in providing care to the specialty population of patients served in the respective area.
- Thorough understanding of basic medical terminology, protocols, and procedures related to the Operating Room.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of Labor and Delivery patients.
- Adept at the use of sterile techniques, instruments, and set-up procedures of the delivery room.
- Knowledge of anesthesia cart and equipment.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures (C-section), anesthesia emergencies, emergency hysterectomies, and tubal ligations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety precautions and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of equipment and instrumentation.
- Thorough understanding of surgical procedures.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of effective English written and communication, basic computer proficiency.
- Able to function effectively under emergency/intense obstetrics conditions
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of effective English written and communication, basic computer proficiency and basic dysrhythmia
knowledge for specialty tech in critical care area or telemetry monitoring area.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of operating room and labor and delivery equipment.
- Strong unit secretary skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to function effectively under emergency/intense obstetrics conditions.
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Referral Bonus:
12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:
One Weekend a Month
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Click Here To Apply