CrossCountry Mortgage started in Cleveland in 2003, when our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their home financing needs, being there every step of the way, and making homeownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
We Care! CrossCountry Mortgage offers eligible employees a robust, industry leading benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match! We also offer company-provided Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance, and Wellness Programs. Those who work at our corporate headquarters in Northeast Ohio also enjoy a casual dress code, an on-site market cafe, and an upbeat working environment!
The Forensic Underwriter performs in-depth forensic underwriting review of closed mortgage loans for compliance with government agencies and/or investor specific guidelines, and with applicable state and federal laws. The review includes identifying potential fraud and/or misrepresentation from any interested party to the transaction. The Forensic Underwriter is responsible for reviewing the loan file and coordinating the correction of any deficiencies identified and tracking those deficiencies. The review may include a formal written response to HUD, FNMA or an investor to avoid potential buy-back requests.
- Re-underwrite closed loan files to ensure that the loan meets agency or lender guidelines which includes, but not limited to, credit report review, income calculation, asset analysis, and collateral assessment.
- Review compliance documentation to verify adherence with any federal and state laws.
- Analyze closing documentation such as mortgage note, HUD 1, TRID to ensure property executed IPCs are not excessive, and fees are within federal/state tolerances.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Sales Processing, etc. to cure defects as necessary.
- Prepare formal written responses to agencies and/or investors in which an audit has been performed and deficiencies discovered.
- Accurately report true deficiencies discovered for training and development opportunities.
- Coordinate with the legal department regarding any potential fraud discovered to determine if a SAR report should be filed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of underwriting experience with exposure to both manual and automated underwriting environments.
- Strong knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and private investor guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of transaction components that indicate a potential for fraud.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ellie Mae Encompass experience preferred.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.
Click Here To Apply