Longwood Manor Convalescent Hospital is looking for an experienced Social Services Director. This gregarious and compassionate individual will have provide for the physical, psychological, and social needs of the residents of the facility and motivate residents to make healthy adjustments to the nursing facility. This individual will implement social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life. The Social Services Director assists in providing a clean, safe, dignified, happy and healthy environment for residents by performing the duties as described below.
- Generates enthusiasm and cooperation from residents, staff, facility members and outside agencies.
- Develops and maintains good interpersonal relationships with residents, staff, family members, and outside agencies.
- Develops community resource file of services.
- Assists with inquiries for Social Services as needed, collects prior stay and general information.
- Evaluates each resident according to their background, interest, ability, physical limitation and needs for the purpose of planning and implementing a meaningful social services program. Interviews residents as well as family, friends, or responsible party. Reviews transfer forms and history and physicians for appropriate and accurate information.
- Assists in the provision of the medically-related social services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident, including those services identified in F-250 of the SOM- see Social Service Policy Manual for these specific services.
- Initiates discharge planning on admission with 14-day and quarterly updates as needed.
- Completes discharge planning when indicated/ordered, including discharge plan of care.
- Assists HMOs, acute hospitals, case manager, etc., as needed and where appropriate.
- Completes initial social and emotional assessment of residents, as well as on a quarterly basis and documents any significant changes.
- Attends resident care plan conference and actively participates in creating a meaningful plan of care.
- Assists in development, review and implementation of residents’ discharge plan along with the Interdisciplinary (ID) Team. Reviews potential for discharge shortly after admission.
- Maintains membership in the Resident Care Policy Committee and the Utilization Review Committee.
- Facilitates any identified problems, e.g., dental visual, communication, etc. Assists with supplying a communication board or whatever tools necessary to ensure communication to make resident needs known.
- Coordinates regular family council meetings at least twice a year.
- Assists residents and families with death and dying issues. Along with ID Team, helps with decisions for Hospice. Assist with contact clergy, etc.
- Assists residents with financial needs if applicable, including Medi-Cal applications, banking, etc.
- Assists residents or responsible parties in processing forms or applications in the effort to obtain outside services. This includes but is not limited to Social Security, Medicaid, SSI or any other service to which the resident may be entitled.
- Maintains a file for theft and loss, with copies of concerns to the Administrator.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensures that residents receive psychosocial assessments at admission, upon condition change and/or annually.
- Directs and guides staff in conducting assessments and interventions.
- Creates, reviews and updates care plan and progress notes.
- Provides direct psychosocial intervention.
- Assists residents families in coping with skilled nursing placement, behavioral issues, physical illness, and disabilities of the resident, and the grieving process.
- Works with the patient, family and other team members to outline goals of stay at admission, the plan to meet those goals and discharge as appropriate.
- Conducts in-service programs to educate staff regarding psychosocial issues and patient rights.
- Helps residents and their families (in their social, racial, ethnic, and cultural context) cope with the immediate effects of the decision to move to the facility.
- Implements social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
- Attends daily stand up, monthly QA, IDT meetings as necessary, behavior management, and direct psych review meetings.
- Any other assignments as directed by the Administrator.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Sciences field
- Must have at least 1 year in Skilled Nursing Facility
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Skilled Nursing Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply