The L.P.N. will assist the Medical Coordinator/R.N. in the assessment of all new intakes and proceed to work in conjunction with the Medical Assistant to make all necessary referrals.
The L.P.N. will be responsible for all proper medical follow-up of all cases and will also work towards enhancing the existing tracking systems and do daily charting and documentation in progress notes as needed.
1. Assist the R.N/Medical Coordinator in the assessment of all new intakes and will also intervene in progress of HIV risk Assessments.
2. Will work in conjunction with the Medical Assistant to provide proper referrals for medical, dental, visual appointments. These referrals should be done within 5 days of entry into foster care.
3. In the absence of the Medical Coordinator/R.N. the L.P.N. will work jointly with the Intake Coordinator or whoever is responsible at the time for making decisions in regards to a child’s capacity to consent for HIV referral and testing.
4. Will be responsible for acquiring all medical records or information from other health institutions that have serviced the child and once this information is received will proceed to make proper documentation in the progress notes.
5. Will assist the Medical Coordinator/R.N. in reviewing all reports received and will make an immediate assessment or referrals as needed with proceed to do the proper documentation in the progress notes.
6. Will document phone call received, acute care appointments and/or emergencies with the children as reported by foster parents or caseworkers.
7. The L.P.N. will prepare the medical charts and all forms needed for the services plan reviews. Will alternate with the R.N. and the Medical assistant in attending the case conference to be held prior to the services plan review meetings.
8. Will assist the R.N./Medical Coordinator in preparing all medical charts for trial or final discharge, also ensure that child has been referred for a medical examination prior to the discharge.
9. Understand and relate to others the confidentiality protocol in regards to handling HIV related information.
10. Help to maintain open lines of communication with all the Health Services Providers.
11. In the absence of the R.N./Medical Coordinator assumes responsibility to attend meeting and seminars etc.
12. Maintain interaction with foster parents, natural parents and children.
13. Escort clients to a health facility, in emergencies, if it’s delegated by the immediate supervisor or in the absence of the medical assistant.
14. Track medical services and follow-up on established journals and the CHFS computer system.
15. Submit a monthly report to the RN/Medical Coordinator, in regards to projects and goals accomplished throughout the month.
16. Flexible hours including Saturdays.
- Graduate of college or nursing school as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- The candidate should have a current New York State Registration.
- Should have at least 2 years of nursing experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Should have a minimum 1-year experience in foster care.
- Knowledge of computer/word perfect, light typing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to perform several tasks at once.
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply