Bilingual (Cantonese/English) Healthcare Navigator, Boston
Our client, a National Taft Hartley Health and Welfare Fund has a need for a Bilingual (Cantonese/English) Healthcare Navigator. You must be bilingual to qualify. The union works closely with employers & members to provide affordable, quality health insurance, and run programs that address the health needs of their working class, largely immigrant population. This is a full time, on-site position (hourly position) with a typical M-F work week 37.5 hours per week.
The purpose of this position is to be a resource for participants, the unions, and employers who are seeking assistance with navigating and understanding the complex health system and participants’ benefits, claims and eligibility. This position will collaborate closely with the Fund’s Member Services, Employer Services (Operations – CAER) and New Membership teams to direct stakeholders on where to get answers to their questions, to resolve complex/escalated participant issues and to staff new employer and annual open enrollment events
- Conducts proactive education and advocacy via phone, email, text and in person around health education priorities of the region and the optimal way to access care (e.g. having a PCP, staying in network, connecting with Case Management, using Urgent Care Center instead of Emergency Room, etc.)
- Educates participants encountered during telephonic or worksite visits on how to get questions answered related to claims, eligibility, and benefits
- Collaborates with the Fund’s Member Services and Employer Services Operations teams to resolve escalated participant issues encountered during engagement
- Attends enrollment and benefit education events at worksites
- Cantonese/English Bilingual fluency required
- 1 ~ 2 years of related experience minimum in customer service
- Working knowledge & experience in health care, customer service, community education, and/or service sector labor unions
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Beginner level MS Excel skills with demonstrated ability to learn
- Strong listening skills communication skills (written and verbal)
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and available please send resume to us for immediate consideration.
Click Here To Apply