Location: Hershey, PA
Position Type: Hourly
Starting Pay is $33.29/hour
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)—Starting Day 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Qualified applicants will need to successfully complete a mechanical written and hands-on skills assessment. Those receiving a passing score on both the written and hands-on mechanical skills assessments will advance to an onsite interview with the hiring team.
The Hershey Company Reese Plant has an immediate opening for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to work in our manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include mechanical installation, setup, and repair.
Required background skills and minimum qualifications shall include:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the industrial, military, or owner/operator trades environment. Food manufacturing experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must be able to effectively function in a fast-paced team environment
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be flexible to work any shift and work weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a basic understanding of PC’s and basic computer skills, machine shop & welding skills
- Must achieve a passing score on both a written and practical mechanical assessment
- Maintains equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is preferred
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices is preferred
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is preferred
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is preferred
- Experience with SAP Maintenance module is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment, confined spaces, stand, reach, stoop, crawl, walk, climb ladders and bend
- Work will be performed within a manufacturing facility
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to include but not limited to safety toe shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump camps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
- Wearing company issued uniforms is a requirement
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Click Here To Apply