Location: Hershey, PA
Position Type: Hourly
Starting Pay is $34.13/hour
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)—Starting Day 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Qualified applicants will need to successfully complete an electrical written and hands-on electrical skills assessment. Those receiving a passing score on both the written and hands-on electrcial skills assessments will advance to an onsite interview with the hiring team.
The Electrical Technician’s primary role is to maintain and optimize electrical manufacturing equipment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and demonstrate use of the principles of basic electricity and electronics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70-E
- Demonstrate an understanding of occupation-specific safety standards and procedures
- Plan layout of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures consistent with specifications and local codes
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduits
- Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, outlets, relays, and circuit-breaker panels
- Connect wiring to circuit breakers, transformers, lighting fixtures, thermostats, intercoms, signaling systems, power equipment, or other components
- Check circuit connections to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components
- Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, generators, and fixtures
- Must be flexible to work on all shifts
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must possess either a journeyman’s card from a state approved apprenticeship program or a minimum of 3 years of hands on electrical work in manufacturing systems maintenance or equivalent military experience.
- Must be able to achieve a passing score on both a written and practical electrical exam
- Must have basic understanding of PCs and basic computer skills
- Must possess experience in industrial electrical systems
- Must possess experience in process control & instrumentation
- Must possess experience with motors and controls (AC and DC)
- Must possess experience with analog and digital devices
- Must possess experience with schematics and electrical print reading
- Experience within a Food manufacturing / manufacturing environment is preferred
- Completion of coursework in the Electrical discipline
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices is preferred
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is preferred
- Experience with Autonomous Maintenance (AM) is preferred
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment, work in confined spaces, stand, walk, reach, stoop, crawl, twist, bend and climb ladders
- Work will be performed within a manufacturing facility
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to include but not limited to safety toe shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
- Wearing company issued uniforms is a requirement
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Click Here To Apply