Position Summary: The Direct Support Professional is responsible for providing various levels of direct care to our clients in need. Direct Support Professionals work to improve and enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities though providing support, guidance and oversight.
- Help clients with their targeted Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in the development of appropriate behavioral, social, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, and other skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential independence.
- Implement behavioral management care plans.
- Mentor, coach, and emphasize behavioral management to clients.
- Assist with appropriate cooking and food preparation for client.
- Provide hands on assistance with personal hygiene, grooming, feeding and medication administration when required.
- Transport clients to community outings or scheduled appointments. Or assist client with public transportation to community outings or scheduled appointments.
- Track and assist in administering prescribed medication.
- Maintain a clean and safe living environment for client.
- Support and encourage community integration and socialization.
- Communicate the progress and needs of the client effectively with the client, their family members, Support Coordinators and the Gold Medal Home Health team.
- Stay up to date on required trainings through College of Direct Support.
- Maintain all pertinent client and case data in the Clear Care system.
- Adhere to all Gold Medal Home Health policies as outline by the Employee Handbook.
- Preform all other duties as assigned by Case Manager or Gold Medal Home Health Administration to ensure quality care and compliance.
- 1 year of providing direct support to adults with developmental disabilities.
- General knowledge of various disabilities is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Skills in documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of Direct Support Professional work.
- Willingness to travel for community-based supports and scheduled appointments.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 18 years of age or older is required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $18.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Home Health
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply