Join Toward Maximum Independence, Transforming Lives Since 1981.
The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for our clients, employees, visitors, and vendors. This is a part-time position however; the successful candidate will be considered for a full-time schedule and/or advancement.
Who We Are:
Toward Maximum Independence (TMI) is dedicated to assisting children and adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as autism, Down syndrome, and cerebral palsy, as well as the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, to live, work and participate in their community. Our services are available throughout San Diego, Riverside and Imperial Counties and include Employment Solutions, Community Living and Family Support Services. As a licensed Resource Family Agency, TMI also provides resource family placements for youth with special needs.
We have grown tremendously and now serve over 1,000 clients with offices in San Diego, Escondido, Temecula, El Centro and Corona. We value our employees and recognize and reward hard work. We are also dedicated to creating a great experience for our clients and employees. We have fun while we work and achieve our goals. We are looking for a like-minded individual who wants to make an impact.
What We Offer:
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance upon becoming a full-time employee.
- Accrued vacation and sick hours upon becoming a full-time employee.
- Paid life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and long term disability upon becoming a full-time employee.
- 15% discount with Verizon Wireless.
- Free income tax preparation provided by an outside agency.
- Generous 401K match, upon one year work anniversary.
- 10 paid holidays and paid time off on your work anniversary and birthday.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time position, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Answer phone calls politely and efficiently respond to administrative requests from clients, vendors, and employees.
- Greet visitors entering reception cordially and direct them to appropriate department.
- Sort and distribute incoming letters, invoices, and notifications.
- Assist with organization and distribution of incoming packages and postage.
- Possess a detail oriented mindset and talent for conscientious administration.
- Consistently maintain exemplary interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Troubleshoots customer service related inquiries.
- Provides general administrative support to the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director.
- Distributes checks for pickup.
- Assists with the preparation of event briefing material.
- Administers the emergency notification alarm in the event of an emergency.
- Organizes TMI’s monthly calendar and distributes to employees.
- Orders supplies for the agency.
- Assists with organizing and scheduling departmental projects and activities.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including filing, scanning, faxing, copying, typing, emailing, etc.
- Provides assistance with scheduling office area maintenance.
- Perform tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth administration of TMI’s business.
- High School diploma or GED. Associates Degree, preferred
- Two (2) years in administration and three (3) years in computers working with Microsoft Office software
- Word processing of 85 WPM, preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) and/or American Sign Language, preferred
- Complex problem-solving ability
TMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and welcomes all to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92123: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply