Sanford Federal Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Museum Assistant
Based at: Rapid City, SD.
JobSummary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful and detail-oriented individual to join our team as ‘Museum Assistant. The Museum Assistant should have all the relevant education and experiences to perform the duties in such an effective and efficient manner, and his/her responsibilities include the duties mentioned in this Job Description. Ultimately, a top-notch Museum Assistant should have excellent organizational, communication skills, and great computer skills.
Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements at minimum:
The Museum Assistant selected to work at the museum must demonstrate previous work, including volunteer work, in a museum or similar facility on their resume. Similar facilities could include art galleries, libraries, visitor centers, or historic homes. Relevant experience could include but is not limited to: working with historic artifacts, working with contemporary artists, developing and presenting educational programs for the public, conducting guided tours of cultural attractions, etc.
Duties: The Candidate will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Clean and maintain exhibits, including weekly inspections, monthly cleaning and vacuuming of display areas, replacement of light bulbs, monitoring potentially damaging environmental conditions, rotating objects from display to prolong their lifespan, and updating and installing signage to reflect changes in exhibits.
2. Perform duties related to the museums Integrated Pest Management program. This includes monitoring of insect traps in the museum and cleaning and vacuuming exhibition areas and artifacts.
3. Alleviate backlog of cataloging and photography of collection items for permanent museum records
4. Assist the development and installation of museum exhibits, including contemporary Indian art sales exhibitions at the SIM and online
5. Assist the Chief Curator with the development and presentation of educational programs at the SIM and online
The Museum Assistant is responsible for reporting any issues or concerns to the on-site museum staff and take any appropriate direction concerning these issues as directed by the staff.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- One location
Click Here To Apply