- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam and hot water boilers located within Xanterra land assignments in Yellowstone National Park.
- In conjunction with the Location Maintenance Managers as the SME, over-see all location seasonal Boiler Tech’s to ensure proper preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance is being completed to industry standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all boiler plants are operating safely, are in good working condition and remain in compliance with current health and safety regulations.
- Manage boiler water treatment chemical program and coordinate third-party chemical testing and chemical supply companies to maintain proper chemical balance in boiler systems.
- Responsible for keeping all boiler plants operational to meet the needs of company operations.
- Accountable for materials used and ordering items needed per company procedures and documentation in the computerized maintenance system (CMMS).
- Responsible for inventory and assistance with annual audit review.
- Review and comment on plans and drawings to assist in choosing equipment that will meet the needs and requirements of boiler plants and systems.
- Responsible for adherence to Xanterra’s Ecologix program.
- Assists with applicant interviews and selection processes. Provides technical training and oversight for all location boiler technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The Boiler Operator Lead must possess:
Must possess an applicable, valid, boiler operator’s license.
- Must possess the knowledge of operation and design of boilers and related equipment, as well as proper maintenance and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Must comply with all current related safety and health requirements.
- Able to read, understand and comply with all current company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to differentiate colors required for boiler water testing.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record for the past 3 years.
This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment
- Standing, bending, kneeling, crawling, for extended periods of time is required.
The Parkwide Boiler Technician has the authority and is required to:
- Stop work whenever unsafe work practices or conditions are observed
- Promote Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.
Click Here To Apply