Job Title: Outreach Advocate Based Out Of: McPherson County
Reports To: Outreach Coordinator Directed by: Program Director
To assist survivors of sexual and domestic violence, their families and friends through supportive services and advocacy while developing relationships with community partners to ensure collaborative services in McPherson County.
RESPONSIBILITIES INLCUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Responsible providing supportive and advocacy services to program participants including but not limited to shelter assessments for adults and their children, program assessments, supportive services, referrals, emergency assistance, etc.
2. Responsible for creating a culture of empowerment and trauma-informed service delivery.
3. Responsible for answering helpline and completing required documentation.
4. Responsible for advocating on behalf of survivors within systems.
5. Responsible to assist in creating a positive cultural environment of personal leadership, communications and teamwork within outreach program and throughout the agency.
6. Responsible to maintain a working knowledge of resources and services available in the communities served to assist survivors.
7. Responsible to network with medical professionals, court officers, school personnel, law enforcement, clergy and other professionals to encourage referrals.
8. Responsible for publicizing available services, educate referral sources and increase service utilization within communities served.
9. Responsible for documenting all information and submitting reports as required.
10. Responsible to attend and participate in assigned agency meetings.
11. Responsible for other duties as designated by the Program Director and/or Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Higher education preferred. High school degree or GED equivalent required.
Experience in domestic violence or sexual assault field, volunteer experience, or related experience is suggested.
Express commitment to the mission of Safehope.
Clear understanding of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently and as a team.
Knowledge and understanding of sexual assault and domestic violence issues and trends.
Knowledge of service area resources preferred.
Knowledge of computer/internet programs to include Word, Excel, Outlook and Google
Experience working with diverse people and groups.
Experience maintaining personal/professional boundaries and managing stress constructively.
Demonstrate flexibility while keeping attention to detail.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
Demonstrate ability to manage and resolve conflict.
Excellent initiative, integrity and strong sense of professionalism.
Must reside in McPherson County.
Possess valid Kansas driver’s license, clean driving record, access to reliable transportation, & proof of current liability insurance.
Convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, audibly, and quickly.
Hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Manual dexterity and able to use wrists, hands and/or fingers in repetitive motion.
Prepare and/or inspect documents and communications on computer or on paper.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Bending, lifting, and carrying up to 40 pounds (donations/commodities).
MILEAGE AND EXPENSES:
Mileage and expenses shall be reimbursed as per Policy and Procedure manual.
This position is eligible for benefits as outlined in the employee manual.
This position is grant funded.
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- McPherson, KS 67460 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Community Outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trauma-informed service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply