Taunton State Hospital is seeking a candidate to work in the Dietary Department, will serve food to patients and maintain sanitary standards and practices by cleaning and washing equipment an work area.
Days Off: Wednesday and Thursday
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Cleans floors by sweeping and washing using appropriate supplies and equipment daily after each meal service to ensure that State sanitary codes are met.
- Cleans interior surfaces such as walls, furniture, etc. by washing using appropriate supplies & equipment as assigned by supervisors daily check list.
- Empties waste receptacles and disposes of waste properly to comply with State sanitary regulations.
- Serves hot or cold food on the tray line and at mealtimes to patients and staff to ensure a correct meal service to clients per policy.
- Cleans areas used for preparing, serving and cleaning food and food and food service equipment after each meal to comply with department protocol.
- Prepares cold food by setting items on the tray line to be held at proper temperature to comply with department protocol.
- Washes dishes and other food service equipment after and during meals to comply with State sanitary codes.
- Prepares food for special diets by following instructions on dieting cards.
- Cleans kitchen equipment, racks, ovens, etc. as assigned.
About Taunton State Hospital
Taunton State Hospital (TSH) operated by the Department of Mental Health (DMH) is a 45-bed inpatient facility that provides continuing care inpatient services to adults with major mental illnesses. The hospital is a leader in the successful integration of the Principles of Recovery and a rehabilitation philosophy into the treatment model and a part of the Southeast Area which works closely with the inpatient treatment teams to facilitate patients’ discharge back to the community.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve – but it is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium.
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees’ Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions regarding this requisition, please contact Executive Office of Health and Human Services Human Resources at (508) 977-3383
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least six months of full-time, or equivalent part-time experience in building custodial or institutional housekeeping work.
Special Requirements: None
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Facility Service Worker II
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Taunton-60 Hodges Avenue
Job: Equipment, Facilities & Services
Agency: Department of Mental Health
Job Posting: May 3, 2021, 6:53:29 AM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 32,102.98 – 39,798.46 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Ms. Joy Connell – 617-626-8133
Bargaining Unit: 02-AFSCME – Service/Institutional
Click Here To Apply