We are National Youth Advocate Program (NYAP). We have a non-negotiable commitment to do what is best for children, youth and their families and have an abiding faith that every person has an innate ability to learn, grow and develop. We provide opportunities and resources to youth and families through our innovative programs and services, and we strongly support and offer guidance to our dedicated foster parents. We work hard to build community support and advocate with public agencies and officials on behalf of youth and families. We are united by our humanity and enriched by our diversity and are committed to supporting and protecting youth and families and to strengthening the communities we are proud to serve. We are NYAP.
NYAP has provided cost effective, community based services and support to children, youth and families since 1978. We offer flexible, creative, outcome-based solutions to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve and the individual needs of the youth and families involved in our programs and services.
Since our beginnings as a two person office in Van Wert, Ohio, we have watched the child welfare community evolve from being almost singularly focused on working with children identified as abused, neglected, dependent or delinquent, to the philosophy we have embraced since 1978; that the primary focus must be holistically placed on preserving and unifying families and strengthening the communities they call home.
This strongly validates the core values of NYAP’s founder, Dr. Mubarak Awad, in 1978 and of everyone associated with NYAP today. Thanks to creative and innovative programs and services, we have the flexibility to tailor our services to meet the needs of the agencies we partner with and the children and families we serve.
Are YOU energized when you see a child flourish?
Were YOU driven to serve youth and families of your community?
If so, the National Youth Advocate Program is looking for YOU!
Our Columbus, Ohio team is seeking an engaging, passionate, and energized Registered Nurse with a desire to make an impact. This is a Part-Time Registered Nurse position out of the NYAP – High Street location. The nurse will work closely with youth and families 8 hours on Monday-Tuesday 8am-5pm, and then an additional 4 hours during another day of the week.
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You perform all work in a manner consistent with the National Youth Advocate Program’s mission, values and philosophies.
- You are prepared to perform physical assessments on each client upon arrival and intake.
- You can identify abnormal findings and then notify the client’s physician or consulting physicians.
- You assure the need for medical treatment for illness and/or injuries are being met.
- Assure the administration and implementation of physician orders, and when appropriate, educate the appropriate staff on administering medication and/or treatment as needed.
- You have a valid and current Registered Nurse license.
- You are available for on-call phone consultations as needed.
- You are able to maintain compliance with attending agency required training programs.
- You are proficient at Microsoft Suite products and are proficient in entering data into a system.
- You have reliable transportation with a safe driving record.
- You have a reliable, working telephone.
- You’re open to working in diverse groups.
If this describes YOU, please apply and our talent acquisition team will review your experience and credentials.
If YOU can envision it; WE can DO it! The possibilities are endless!
We are safely and successfully working out in the community settings.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply