Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team. As part of the field sales team, the Director of Business Development will sell contract development and manufacturing services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the sterile therapeutics sector. Selling is garnered by building relationships with customers and providing expertise and exceptional customer service to accounts.
This will be a U.S. remote role, with preferred locations in the Midwest.
- Works along with the Sr. Director, Business Development to establish sales strategies and build customer relationships.
- Develops relationships with clients to understand key applications and generate customer driven product requirements.
- Achieves or exceeds sales goals and objectives by actively selling to clients in the field. Frequent travel will be required to visit customers in person. Develop a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. Utilize pre-call planning for increased effectiveness.
- Maintains contact with existing customers as well as develops new customers in order to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
- Calls upon clients to develop new sales and travel throughout territory.
- Presents sales presentations for internal and external customers.
- Develops proposals on prospective opportunities with minimal edits
- Assists the VP of Sales with product trending and industry/market trending and may routinely gather account and client information.
- Interfaces with quality systems and manufacturing and quality management personnel on issues related to products in the field.
- Utilizes the CRM database to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
- Stays current on developments within the industry. Attends tradeshows.
- Utilizes technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Directs and provides expert knowledge in the strategic function of Sales Department.
- Leads with impact & influence. Establishes credibility, effectively persuades and develops others, and achieves important objectives collaboratively.
- Champions Aji Bio-Pharma’s culture and empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Life sciences discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience related to sales/business development.
- Must have previous work experience in a Contract Manufacturing Organization or with the development, manufacturing or analytical testing of sterile biotechnology products.
- Previously managed a budget of 10M or greater.
- Ability to build key customer relationships with the ability to educate and demonstrate technical value propositions.
- High aptitude to learn technical and scientific information.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the “Careers” section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Click Here To Apply