JOB TITLE: Certified Nursing Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Home Health and Hospice
REPORTS TO: Home Health and Hospice Director
Under a professional care plan established by the agency, Home Health Aides provide valuable supportive services to patients whose health status is unstable and/or who require skilled professional services. Home Health Aides provide personal care and specifically defined nonskilled health care services and provide a clean orderly environment for the patient. On cases assigned, Home Health Aides work under the supervision of an RN or RPT. Their service is given in combination with one or more skilled services to enable the patient to remain at home.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.
Position requires travel around a 50-mile radius of Cody, reliable transportation necessary. Valid driver’s license and vehicular insurance. Must be available for rotating schedule.
Current WY C.N.A. certification required
Two years Hospital/NH experience preferred.
Applicant must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions, establish and maintain effective working relationships, function effectively as a member of the health care team, make simple reports and accept and utilize supervision.
Valid Drivers’ License
- Provide and document personal care services such as bed, bath, skin care, shampoo, hair set and comb out, caring for the teeth or dentures, giving bed pan, helping patient in and out of bed, bed making and assist with medications or procedures ordinarily self-administered (or by family member) as prescribed by physician.
- Support the skilled plan of care by carrying out and recording specific nursing care procedures such as giving a cleansing enema, applying heat and cold, changing uncomplicated non-sterile dressings, emptying catheter and colostomy drainage bags, measuring and recording intake and output, measuring weight gain or loss, and providing emotional support and encouragement to terminally ill, acutely ill, or recovering patients.
- Help patient in his plan of rehabilitation by assisting with transfers, walking, ROM exercises, and other physical, speech or occupational therapy activities as established by the therapist for the purpose of increasing muscle strength, self-care, and independence. May utilize a Hoyer lift in assisting with transfers.
- Give support and encouragement necessary for the patient to strive to achieve the goals established by the staff under the direction of the patient’s physician.
- Document observations and services provided daily. Report observations and activities to the primary nurse or therapist responsible for the patient. Notify the primary nurse immediately of any change in client’s condition which may need agency and/or professional intervention.
- Participate in in-service education programs, staff meetings, case conference, IDT meetings and other opportunities for learning provided.
- Complete twelve hours of in-service training every year.
- Carry out work according to agency policies and procedures and in such a manner as to reflect appropriate agency standards for timeliness, appearance, and behavior. Maintain confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Perform approximately six visits/day.
- Share in providing 24-hour, seven-day a week coverage to Hospice patients/families.
- Provide care under the CBIHS and waiver programs under the supervision of the RN case manager.
- Assist with Home Health office/clerical tasks as time allows. (Filing, photo copying, inventory control, chart maintenance, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply