POSITION TITLE: Personal Care Assistant
REPORTS TO: Patient Care Manager
The Personal Care Assistant (PCA), under the direction of the Patient Care Manager, performs Certified Nursing Assistant tasks for personal care and light housekeeping duties in the patient homes, nursing homes or Care Centers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I. Essential Functions/Performance Factors
· Assists with personal hygiene, activities of daily living, ambulation and exercise, self administered medications, nutritional support and light housekeeping for the patient in accordance with the instructions of the RN.
o Follow the plan of care developed by the RN.
o Reinforce the instruction/teaching of the RN.
o Inform the RN of any changes in the patient’s condition (i.e. change in ability to perform ADL’s).
o Inform the RN of significant symptoms reported by the patient/family.
· Documents care provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
o Document each HOSPICE AIDE visit within 24 hours of the visit.
o Document in a manner reflective of the HOSPICE AIDE role.
o Sign all entries with full signature and credentials.
· Maintains educational growth related to job responsibilities.
· Uses agency resources wisely.
· Participates in performance improvement activities.
II. Values Ownership/Performance Factors
· Support and encourage my teammates throughout the organization.
· Provide positive, constructive feedback.
· Consistently “manage up” co-workers.
· Celebrate success – look for the good and share it.
· Be a role model.
· Communicate with respect and professionalism to create a safe environment in which open dialogue can take place.
· Be reliable, allowing others to place their trust in me.
· Do the right thing even when no one is watching.
· Respect all individuals through acknowledgment, acceptance, and courtesy.
· Walk my talk.
· Refrain from gossip.
· Be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
· Be knowledgeable about my job responsibilities and the organization.
· Seek self development-Utilize tools that are provided to grow personally and professionally.
· Take responsibility for my actions; be willing to take both credit and critique.
Conduct myself as a professional at all times by performing my job competently and ethically (i.e, maintaining confidentiality, maintaining boundaries, making eye contact, dressing professionally, using professional demeanor).
· Recognize I am a reflection of Valley Hospice.
· Be on time.
· Set and achieve goals.
· Recognize the spirituality inherent in each individual without judgement
· Be open and respectful to each individual’s spiritual beliefs
· Meet patients and families where they are and don’t project your spiritual beliefs on others
· Be attentive to your own spiritual growth
· Live your spirituality in acts of compassion and service in the workplace
· Build one another up and encourage your coworkers in times of distress, personal crisis, and spiritual need
M*ission Focused *
· Recognize the value of each person and accept that value without judgment.
· Be good stewards of time, money and all resources entrusted to me.
· Offer hope, compassion and empathy to coworkers and those we serve.
· Know our mission and apply it to my work every day.
· Focus my physical, emotional, and spiritual energy in order to fulfill our mission.
· Take pride and ownership in my performance each day.
· Build professional relationships
· Inspire and Motivate others.
· Consistently ‘manage up’ Valley Hospice.
· Appreciate the efforts of others.
· Support the communities in which I serve.
Education and Work Experience:
- State Tested Nurse’s Aide
- Minimum of one year experience in related field
Certifications and Licenses:
State Tested Nurse’s Aide
The PCA must carry out responsibilities in an ethical, professional and confidential manner.
Handling / Typing
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound (able to hear normal conversation)
Sense of Touch
Sense of Sight
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is exposed to outside weather conditions when traveling between sites. Patients’ home environments are variable with regard to heat, noise, air circulation and conditioning, space, cleanliness, accessibility and all other environmental factors. Inpatient and skilled nursing facility environments are standardized. Office environment in a controlled atmosphere building.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (Preferred)
- On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply