Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, directing calls to appropriate associates, flow of correspondence, flow of patients, perform check-in and check-out responsibilities as well as additional clerical duties.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Prior to new patient arrival, will mail New Patient Packet to the address on file. Upon patient arrival, performs a complete and accurate registration in Athena using the information from the New Patient Packet.
- Completes full patient check-in and check-out processes based on established Athena procedures.
- At each patient check-in, verifies insurance and selects the correct insurance from Athena’s pre-populated system.
- Generates appropriate workers’ compensation paperwork and patient document requests based on patient need.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, credit card and check machines, phone systems and other software applications.
- Greets patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Handle patient/visitor inquiries and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Enter/update patient demographic/insurance information into electronic health record.
- Collects insurance co-payments, as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet clinic needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience as a receptionist in medical practice and/or hospital reception preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply