River Park Hospital, a 165-bed facility and a leader in behavioral health care, located in Huntington, WV has an opening for a PRN day/night shift Mental Health Tech (MHT). Shift differentials are available for applicable shifts/days.
Essential Core Functions:
- Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family’s right to receive safe, quality, and cost effective care. Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care and information.
- Patient Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients by utilizing appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Patient Safety: Conducts patient rounds related to routine and heightened observation status. Interacts in a therapeutic manner to decrease crisis within the patient care setting.
- Leadership/Collaboration: Demonstrates respect and understanding for patients, peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to implement an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.
- Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid certification as a nursing assistant preferred
- Six months experience in a mental health setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and good computer skills.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Basic clerical skills. Basic experience with office equipment (telephone, copy machine, fax).
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to interact with patients with varying levels of cognitive functioning.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work professionally with other personnel, patients, family members and guests.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, emotionally upset, varying age population, and, at times, hostile people within the Hospital.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diveristy and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
All UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or pesonal information (Social Securuity Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Click Here To Apply