Welcome and thank you in your interest for employment opportunities at River Park Hospital!
River Park Hospital currently has full-time vacancy available for Nursing Supervisor in our Nursing Administration Department. Full Time positions are benefitted positions that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k/Stock programs through Fidelity Investments, PTO, Sick Pay, as well as other flexible options.
The Nursing Supervisor serves as the “House Supervisor” and provides continuous nursing care in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the Hospital, and within the framework of established policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Services. As a key team member in the clinical area, the Nursing Supervisor promotes a climate of effective performance through role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and availability to patients and staff. This position organizes, manages and coordinates nursing services on assigned shift as delegated by the CNO.
The Nursing Supervisor who is a Registered Nurse may service as a Qualified Medical Professional (QMP) and/or a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) to perform medical screens (Medical and Mental Health Component) to determine whether an individual has an emergency medical condition. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates leadership in organizing the delivery of patient care in an acute psychiatric setting for patients experiencing a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Performs rounds on each unit at least twice per shift.
- Prioritizes nursing care resources to ensure patient safety. Utilizes the nursing process in the evaluation of patient issues.
- Receives/provides report with other House Supervisors regarding census, acuity, incidents of seclusion or restraint, expected admissions/discharges, and other relevant data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal guidelines for hospital admissions.
- Performs one-hour face to face assessments for patients requiring seclusion/restraints; consults with physician regarding findings, documents accordingly.
- Regularly serves as a resource for staff, visitors, and clinicians in need of direction and information.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of licensed and unlicensed nursing staff. Supervises staff in a manner that maximizes each staff member’s strengths and skills.
- Reviews staffing for present and following shift to ensure adequate staff for census and acuity.
- Evaluates the work performance of all assigned staff on an ongoing basis.
- Interacts positively with patients on a daily basis whose behavior may be difficult, uncooperative or aggressive.
- Capable of adapting to varying workloads and work assignments on a constant basis.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and provides appropriate supervision/oversight of staff.
- Performs concentrated and/or complex mental activity with frequent involvement in complex and/or highly technical situations.
- Works successfully under highly stressful conditions.
- Makes sound, independent judgments based on Scientific and/or Ethical principles.
- Collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate fashion.
- Comprehends and performs oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Utilizes effective comprehensive reading skills, strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Utilizes math skills to accurately calculate medication dosages.
River Park Hospital is a 165-bed behavioral and mental health hospital that provides comprehensive treatment for children, adolescents, adults, seniors and the military. Our multidisciplinary team provides customized treatment programs and mental health evaluations for individualized Care. For additional information, please visit our website at riverparkhospital.net
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nursing preferred
Credentials: Licensure by the West Virginia Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in psychiatric nursing, including Charge Nurse experience required
- Thorough working knowledge of Hospital, Nursing and HR policies/procedures, with demonstrated ability to use skills in clinical and managerial situations.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
All UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Click Here To Apply