At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Critical Care Resource Float RN provides professional nursing care to patients in the ED (Emergency Department) and the ICU. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s policies and procedures.
- Performs all essential job functions in a manner that are consistent with KRMC and the ICU/ED policies and procedures. Exhibits a commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
- Maintains nursing standards of care, and executes appropriate physician orders. Operates and maintains equipment to departmental standards.
- While executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
- Administers medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients.
- Performs reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy.
- Communicates all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner or as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders.
- Documents all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
- Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in ICU/ED specific required yearly unit competencies and educational requirements as defined by ICU and ED department managers and CNO.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following patient care categories:
- Appropriate documentation of nursing care in both ICU and ED.
- ICU – competence consistent with the yearly professional competencies required of all staff members.
- ED – competence with skills required of all ED staff members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of staffing standards and a commitment to cost containment with all resources. Complies with and maintains regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards
- Current Montana RN License.
- BSN degree preferred.
- Current BLS HC, ACLS required. ENPC certification preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous Critical Care experience required.
- Experience with Pediatric patients preferred.
- National Certification – Critical care (CCRN or CEN) certification preferred.
- Must demonstrate competency/currency with care of basic critically ill patients within thirty (30) days of employment.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.
Click Here To Apply