We are looking for a Medical Assistant – National Union of Health Workers for the SJH Rural Health Clinic Department at Redwood Memorial Hospital.
Location: Fortuna, CA
Work Schedule: Full time – 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the general direction of the Department Manager, the Medical Assistant of the St. Joseph Health Rural Health Clinic is responsible to assist the physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner in providing patient care while demonstrating our core values. The medical assistant will function within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with the Manager.
- Practices within the scope of education and training. Scope competencies identified on clinical orientation / competency evaluation.
- Performs assigned tasks appropriately and completely. Gives appropriate patient care, sets up procedures correctly, obtains complete patient information data (chief complaint/vital signs/allergies/medication updates/etc.), anticipates needs and assists providers appropriately. Maintains clinical competency requirements.
- Demonstrates initiative for self-improvement and completes required competencies.
- Participates as a team member demonstrated by utilizing proper chain of command and communicating effectively with providers and co-workers. Participates in staff meetings and maintains positive attitude.
- Meets compliance standard for documentation. Documentation is pertinent, complete and legible.
- Instructs patients/significant others in test requirements and provider orders.
- Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include housekeeping, log maintenance and accurate supply par levels. Ability to assist others in office set-up and flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of ICD-10 coding, accurately completes all paperwork and has working knowledge of EHR. Ability to train others in utilizing the resources to coding effectively.
- Utilizes EMR appropriately and consistently to document patient care. Maintains confidentiality of password.
- Identifies system challenges and makes recommendations for system enhancements. Participates in the implementation of new procedures / systems.
- Responds to patient emergencies as directed.
- Demonstrates ability to train other medical assistants, extern students.
- Assist with various clerical functions.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA and RHC regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to create, apply and manipulate data and information in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Current knowledge and abilities to effectively apply principle skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to achieve desired goals and to interact effectively with management and non-management personnel and physician groups.
- Maintains a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure by prioritizing work activities and re-negotiating deadlines.
- Ability to function independently, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current BLS (CPR) card.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in related field or
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Coursework/Training – Completion of a Medical Assistant program from an accredited school or course.
- 2 years of Working experience as a medical assistant.
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- IDX, EHealthline, Meditech, EMR and Allscripts, Epic experience.
License and Certification:
- Certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant program from an accredited school or course
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world’s top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be “America’s Most Scenic Rural County.”
It’s also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We’re a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R330426
Click Here To Apply