Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Provides peer recovery support services to patients with substance use disorder (SUD) and will assist patients in achieving and sustaining recovery as defined by each individual patient, with some guidance. Facilitates patient access to recovery-oriented substance use disorder treatment, resources, and community recovery groups. Maintains ongoing patient support regardless of relapse and will serve as a motivator, ally, role model, sounding board, and advocate for patients with substance use disorders.
- Serves as a liaison between the recovery community, the addiction treatment system, the medical treatment system, and the patient’s community, family, and social context to facilitate connections across systems of care.
- Meets with patients in clinical and community settings to understand their needs and personal goals, support the exploration of potential positive and negative consequences associated with personal goals, and work collaboratively with the patient to remove obstacles that might interfere with goal attainment.
- Educates patients about addiction safe use practices, multiple pathways of recovery, and utilizes motivational enhancement techniques
- Conducts active outreach efforts to encourage attendance and participation in recovery-oriented, self-help, and pro-social groups.
- Works collaboratively with treatment team in support of evidence-based services to patients.
- Assists with access to treatment for patients, understanding and using systems and procedures to rapidly support identified needs of the patient and assists with data collection for quality assurance and program evaluation.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 40 hour per week
In 2020, Tennessee was one of 10 states to receive the Maternal Opioid Misuse (MOM) Model grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The purpose of the model is to assist states in combating the nation’s opioid crisis and address fragmentation in the care of pregnant and postpartum Medicaid beneficiaries with opioid use disorder (OUD).
The Division of TennCare and Vanderbilt University Medical Center partnered to form Firefly, Tennessee’s MOM program focusing on 26 rural and urban counties in the state. Firefly seeks to improve outcomes for women with opioid use disorder and their infants beginning in pregnancy and extending to one year postpartum. The model, which officially begins accepting patients in July 2021, coordinates clinical care and integrates services critical for health, well-being, and recovery.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Click Here To Apply