This contingency position provides coverage on an as needed basis and performs check-in/check-out functions at point of service areas. Greets patients and families on arrival to clinic area. This position also has accountability to Outpatient Surgical admissions, Outpatient laboratory services and Medical Imaging areas. Communicates with multiple disciplines to coordinate daily activities.
This position will be based out of Lurie Children’s Primary Care – Town & Country Pediatrics Glenview location (2601 Compass Road, Suite 120, Glenview, IL 60026). Occasionally to provide coverage at our Halsted and Skokie locations if/when needed.
1. Completes pre-registration as well as full registration as needed for families.
2. Ensures eligibility information accurate.
3. Obtain patient/family Consents for Care, HIPPA, state & federal mandatory forms , Plain Language Summary as well as any additional forms identified and enters them into Epic.
4. Queries for MyChart and Care Everywhere, as well as utilizing the Epicecare Link functionality as appropriate.
5. Check system to see if referral is attached for visit and is appropriate for visit. If able assist familiy with referral for same same day service.
6. Inform as well as collects payments as appopriate (estimates, copays, outstanding balances, self pay etc) via CCF as well as Health Fusion where applicable.
7. Makes copies of insurance cards as appropriate.
8. Ensure families receive appropriate intake forms and instructions to complete for visit. Print labels for clinical use and documents to be scanned.
9. Provides ID Band to patients as appropriate.
10. Informs patient/families of any wait times or delays in service.
11. Schedules appointments,(new,return, same day as well as ancillary appointments) as needed.
12. May be required to enter patient information in additional electronic systems.
13. Adheres to organizational Power all principles.
14. Maintains confidentiality and HIPPA rules.
15. Completes check-out procedures; prepares required forms for distribution.
16. Communicates with other Patient Service Representative staff and department team members to coordinate activities.
17. Answers backline and patient phone lines (department specific), handles according to needs of caller
18. Creates Recalls and Waitlist notifications when appropriate
19. Completes daily No Show documentation and communicates with family to reschedule
20. Documents and sends patient messages to providers via Epic in-basket
21. Other job functions as assigned
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Some knowledge of medical terminology, third party billing, and managed care requirements strongly preferred.
- Some knowledge of electronic medical record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word applications such as Outlook and other computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively work with pediatric patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel. Excellent communication/listening skills needed.
- Problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage stressful situations appropriately.
Click Here To Apply