The Part Time Aquatics Coordinator works under the direction of the Executive Director to help develop, organize and implement high quality, member-focused SAY aquatic swim lesson and Aqua Ex programs.
Schedule: 20 hours per week, weekends and weekday afternoon hours. Schedule and hours may change based on season.
Salary Range $17 – $22/ hour based on experience.
- Assists the Executive Director in directing and supervising swim lesson and aqua ex program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Helps to establish new aquatics program activities and expands program within the SAY and the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and supervising aquatics lesson staff and volunteers.
- Assists in reviewing and evaluating staff performance. Helps develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Ensures timely submission of accurate swim lesson & aqua ex staff timesheets semi- monthly.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Work with Executive Director and aquatics staff to ensure compliance in high standards of safety in accordance with YMCA safety and risk management policies. Models, promotes and maintains a Culture of Safety which includes but is not limited to in-service trainings, weekly fitness & skills assessments, drills etc.
- Supports in creating, scheduling and coordinating swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Helps compile program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that the Y is the nation’s leading non-profit committed to strengthening the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
- As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that diversity and inclusion are core to the Summit Area YMCA mission. The SAY is open and inclusive of all people regardless of their ability, age, culture, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic background and we must all strive courageously against any discriminatory behavior and will always abide by the Summit Area YMCA’s Diversity & Inclusion policy as explained in the Employee Handbook.
- High School Degree or Equivalent (college course work / credits preferred)
- Two years’ experience as a Head Lifeguard or Supervisory role.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Certified American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard (valid certification)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands or arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
Due to the nature of this job the Aquatics Coordinator may encounter emergency situations where physical demands increase and may include, leaping or jumping from a significant height, running, swimming and the ability to visually recognize actions of participants in and around the pool including possible victims in a variety of accidents, incidents and medical emergencies.
Click Here To Apply