Grassi & Co., the 69th largest firm in the U.S., is a premier professional service organization specializing in accounting, auditing, tax, technology, and business consulting services. Grassi & Co. has offices in Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester County, NY, and Park Ridge, NJ as well as internationally through its association with Moore Stephens International. Grassi & Co. specializes in professional services for the Not-for-Profit, Construction, Architecture & Engineering, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Distribution, Retail, Technology, Media & Telecommunication, Transportation, Energy & Natural Resources, and Healthcare industries, among others.
Audit Associates are entry-level employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional services, in the fields of audit and accounting. Staff will assume responsibility for level appropriate areas of audits, reviews and compilations. In addition, staff will assist in the preparation of corporate, individual and partnerships documents. During this time, the staff will focus on developing skills, building their technical knowledge, understanding and executing diligent client service, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture. Work is performed under close supervision. Responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Anticipated (December 2019 through May 2020) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 150 credits or Master’s degree in Accounting with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, initiative and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Candidates must be actively working towards passing the CPA exam.
- Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills.
- Makes well thought out decisions, asks appropriate questions, and requests supervision when in need of assistance.
- Follow all accounting, auditing and tax regulations and professional ethics.
- Keep current on all professional pronouncements.
- Develops proficiency in use of all technology.
Personnel and Firm Development
- Seeks opportunities to participate in training, recruiting and retention, with a focus on firm wide and team goals.
- Promotes team environment by building and maintaining rapport with fellow employees.
- Positively represents and promotes the Firm.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives that enhance processes and systems.
Client Service and Risk Management
- Initiates and maintains positive client relationships.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the clients’ industries. Shows sensitivity to client culture and perspective.
- Produces deliverables that are clear, concise, thorough, and of professional quality and are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures job execution, documentation, consultation and completion in accordance with required policies and procedures.
- Begins to search for and communicates ways to improve client satisfaction.
- Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis; looks to build technical skill base and seek additional work.
- Conducts oneself professionally and demonstrates respect to others at all times.
- Maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity.
- Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism and proactively meets with Career Coach.
- Actively pursuing CPA licensure.
Financial Growth and Practice Development
- Meets or exceeds chargeable hour targets.
- Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes.
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates willingness to understand how to work within budgetary parameters.
- Begins to build knowledge base of the different service offerings.
Click Here To Apply