Job Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Neighborhood Manager
Location: Redwood White Lake – White Lake, MI
At Redwood, we know we are only as successful as the people who power us. Our employees are passionate, they are talented, they are empowered to make decisions that positively affect the lives of our residents. From site personnel to corporate leadership, our employees demonstrate Redwood’s commitment to deliver more than expected, communicate openly and honestly and demonstrate integrity in all aspects of our business. As we continue to grow, we seek these same qualities in every team member we bring on board.
Redwood is currently looking for a Service Technician to join our talented team and positively impact our organization at our neighborhood in White Lake, MI.
Under the general direction of the Neighborhood Manager, the Service Technician will be responsible for performing routine and general maintenance on the facilities, buildings, equipment of the assigned Redwood Apartment Neighborhood. As such, you will be expected to act as a Redwood brand ambassador, promote our brand and provide the best resident experience possible.
All Redwood employees are expected to conduct all organizational business and practices in accordance to Redwood company policies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairing and maintaining facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at assigned Redwood neighborhood.
- Performing light plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, glazing, painting and drywall tasks.
- Performing minor repairs of plumbing systems, including unclogging drains, fixing toilet issues and minor water line repairs, as well as repairing/replacing water heaters.
- Servicing kitchen appliances, washers, dryers and garage issues when necessary.
- Preparing vacated apartment homes for release quickly and professionally.
- Directing vendors on repair issues, installation needs and grounds maintenance.
- Plowing driveways and roads, as well as shoveling pathways in winter when instructed.
- Responding to resident complaints and concerns in a timely, professional and appropriate manner to ensure the best resident experience possible.
- Repairing windows, floors, roadworks, plaster, drywall or other parts of building structures.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and determining how to best fix them.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance to uphold the Redwood brand and resident satisfaction through the efficient, safe and smooth operation of systems and machines.
- Using common hand and power tools, including hammers, saws, drills and wrenches, plus precision measuring instruments and electrical/electronic testing devices.
- Following all safety standards at all times, without exception.
- Meeting with the Neighborhood Manager to review service requests.
- Prioritizing daily tasks, ordering parts/supplies as needed.
- Providing emergency maintenance availability for residents when indicated.
- Completing service requests in a timely fashion.
- Performing general cleaning of buildings at neighborhood.
- Attending staff meetings, meetings with supervisor and interacting with vendors when needed/assigned.
- Maintaining weather log to document snow and ice removal efforts, maintaining records of maintenance performed in all units and common areas.
- Checking vendor work for satisfactory completion on a routine basis.
- Maintaining a record of acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- All other related duties, as assigned.
As a Service Technician, you will be required to exhibit the following skills:
- Respectfulness, trustworthiness, empathy and leadership
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills and general business acumen
- The ability to communicate and interact with employees at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to plan, organize and implement multiple tasks/projects on a concurrent, real-time basis
Required Qualifications, Education & Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- General computer proficiency
- 2-3 years general maintenance experience preferred
- Good vision and hearing, the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, sit for 1-2 hours at a time, walk up stairs.
- Ability to operate a smart phone.
- HVAC certification preferred, not required
This job operates in a professional maintenance environment.
In this role, the employee will routinely use standard maintenance equipment such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches, precision measuring instruments and electrical/electronic testing devices, etc. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend and walk with the ability to lift 50 pounds where applicable and will work indoors and outdoors.
Redwood offers a generous contribution for employee medical insurance, dental, vision, 401K contribution, short/long term disability options, tuition assistance, a generous PTO allowance and rent allowance for eligible associates.
Please visit us at byRedwood.com to learn more about Redwood and our neighborhoods.
Interested applicants may apply by replying to this posting or go online to our website:
A pre-employment assessment is required. It can be found here:
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Commission pay
- apartment maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- HVAC (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply