Healthcare System Specialist – Providence, RI
The Healthcare Systems Specialist has multiple responsibilities around the promotion of Astellas products and resources to a variety of stakeholders within Healthcare Systems, such as Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Hospital Administrators, Discharge Planners, and Buyers. Educating customers on characteristics, indicated treatments related to assigned promoted products and. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction.
The Healthcare Systems Specialist plays an important role in establishing effective communications and relationships with key external and internal customers within Healthcare Systems.
Achieve territory sales goals by promoting Astellas products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
- The primary responsibility of the Healthcare Systems Specialist is strategic account selling and engaging key stakeholders within complex healthcare systems, such as the Healthcare Providers and support staff, Service Line Managers, Specialty Pharmacists, Fellows, Hospitalists, Transition of Care Coordinators, and Supply Chain Managers, to achieve sales objectives across the Astellas portfolio of products.
- The primary responsibility of the Healthcare Systems Specialist is strategic account selling and engaging key stakeholders within complex healthcare systems to achieve sales objectives across the Astellas portfolio of products.
- Develop expertise and understanding of Healthcare Systems, market dynamics, stakeholder mapping, inpatient/outpatient network navigation. This includes developing and executing Strategic Key Account Plans, providing account strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn and embrace new ways of working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proactively identify business opportunities to drive and develop business.
- Overcome obstacles to access difficult to see healthcare providers and customers.
- Accountable for establishing working relationships with a broad base of stakeholders to promote and educate on the use of Astellas products through one-on-one meetings, presentations, speaker programs and other appropriate means.
- Collaborate and align efforts with internal Astellas stakeholders to engage with key healthcare systems including compliant partnership with other sales teams, medical, and market access teams.
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of call and field productivity, expected to meet call plan expectations, with 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time needed for call planning and follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, etc.
- Responsible for accurately reporting sales activities, testing, territory expenses and submitting written reports as necessary by the deadline set forth as defined by company expectations.
- Appropriately manage and maintain all company equipment and promotional materials (company literature, materials, etc.) according to necessary company guidelines
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management (POA’s, National Sales Meetings, Regional and Local Conventions, etc.)
- This position is responsible for achieving both territory product sales goals and territory sales activity goals through company defined metrics
It is important for individual’s in this position to actively pursue continuous learning and professional sales development on effective sales and communication techniques and product/therapeutic area knowledge
- is a first-line customer facing sales position
- Reports to Regional Manager Healthcare Systems
- Maintains territory responsible for managing Astellas’ products within Healthcare Systems
- Balances territory and regional work and projects, while maintaining strong level of sales performance
- Exhibits strong level of skill in competencies
- Demonstrates sales influence beyond territory and at times within region
Click Here To Apply