Do you have a great attitude? Do you possess
laser-like focus, thrive learning new tasks every day, and have proven experience being solution focused?
If so, our Patient Services Representative position is likely for you!
Patient Services Representative
Supervisor of Patient Services
October 15, 2021
Established in 1971, Valley Radiology Consultants offers an advanced array of diagnostic imaging and pain management through our locations in San Diego County. Our board certified radiologists are accompanied by technologists and support staff committed to providing you high-quality care.
Excellence in diagnostic imaging services focused on uncompromised patient care, referring physician satisfaction and commitment to the community we serve.
V – Value
R – Respect
C – Communication
C – Customer Service
A – Accountability
R – Reliability
E – Excellence
S – Service
The PSR plays a critical customer service role in our company as you are, in most cases, the initial and final point of contact for our patients. The PSR is the first impression our patients/visitors receive when they enter or contact any of our facilities which highly influences the effectiveness of our patients’ experience.
This position is responsible for all clerical tasks associated with the daily operations of the facility. This position receives direction from the Supervisor of Patient Services.
Position duties and other important responsibilities/duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Greets all patients with a professional and courteous attitude. Responds to patient concerns in a positive and solution-focused manner.
- Accurately responds to requests and inquiries from employees, patients, and physicians.
- Guards and maintains confidentiality of patients in accordance with State and Federal Regulations plus VRC policies.
- Completes all training requirements and keeps annual training certifications up to date for the entire duration of employment with VRC.
- Mentors new staff as directed by supervisor and per company policy.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all departments; conducts self in a courteous and professional manner at all times. Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Works proactively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Alerts supervisor of urgent matters in a timely manner.
- Completes tasks and assignments, as delegated, to support the entire PSR Team in all functions.
- Ensures that every patient scheduled for their modality has an Order, Authorization, Eligibility, Time of Service (TOS) collection calculated, and Labs (as needed). Processes the quantity of Authorization/ Eligibility/TOS/Labs to meet VRC’s goals and industry standards for this position.
- Schedules patients in EMR, entering patient data accurately, verifies demographics for all exams, follows exam prep and protocols as set forth by Valley Radiology instructions. Scheduling patients for radiology procedures (MRI, PET/CT, CT, Mammo, Ultrasound, Biopsies, IR procedures, etc.). Possesses intermediate knowledge of all Radiology Exams provided at Valley Radiology Consultants.
- Performs front desk Administrative Duties such as: ensuring the phones are answered by the third ring, transfers calls to the appropriate person by connecting directly with needed party before releasing the call, checking in patients with accuracy and efficiency. Enters patient data accurately and appropriately, copies, faxes, scans appropriate information as needed. Ensures patients present with government issued photo I.D. and Insurance card.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Patient facing work in a clinical setting desired.
- Knowledge of basic Medical Terminology and Medical Procedures.
- Intermediate user of an EHR and MS Office.
- Work is in a controlled environment and involves some exposure to moderate risk of accident.
- Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders or stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Moderate Carrying / Lifting: Physically transporting, raising items from a lower to a higher position, or moving objects horizontally weighing 15 to 44 pounds from one location to another.
- Mobility Requirement: Ability to get from one office location to another.
- Reaching above shoulder: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Substantial movements of the wrists, hands, fingers, and/or upper body for sustained periods of time, including using extremities to drag, push, pull or grasp.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot, particularly for long distances.
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read computer screens, detect color coding, etc.
- Hearing Requirement: Able to detect specific noises, proper equipment operation.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of essential functions and job requirements that are required of the employee for this job. The essential functions and job requirements may change at any time with or without notice. An employee’s electronic approval constitutes an understanding of the essential functions and job requirements of the position.
Our locations are open Monday – Friday, 6:00am-9:00pm and Saturday – Sunday, 6:00am-3:00pm. Shifts are 8 hours per day during those time periods. Our current regular, full time needs are day time, Monday – Friday with the ability to cover evenings and weekend hours as needed.
1 FTE – 40 hours / week.
Click Here To Apply