We are looking for School Nurse to serve students at our special education K-12 school.
1. The School Nurse will cooperate with school personnel in the development and implementation of the school health program for staff and students.
2. The School Nurse will conduct school programs of immunizations, physical examinations, and other health screenings.
3. The School Nurse will call for substitute school nurses in her absence.
4. The School Nurse will communicate and coordinate with adjunct school nurses for field trips and additional help when needed.
5. The School Nurse will assist with planning, monitoring and alerting staff members about students’ medical needs for field trips and structured learning work experiences.
6. The School Nurse will provide medical oversight for CPI emergencies.
7. The School Nurse will communicate, coordinate, organize and practice with the medical emergency response team.
8. The School Nurse will communicate, coordinate and train Epipen designees.
9. The School Nurse will maintain up-to-date state and local health records on all students.
10. The School Nurse will assume responsibility for the temporary care of a student or staff member who suffers an injury or emergency illness.
11. The School Nurse will contact the homes of children regarding further health referrals.
12. The School Nurse will prepare reports as may be required by Federal, State, or local guidelines.
13. The School Nurse will participate in professional growth activities related to the improvement of knowledge and skills.
14. The School Nurse will assume responsibility for the administration and care of medication.
15. The School Nurse will perform such other nursing/health related services as may be required by the Principal.
16. The School Nurse will teach health-related classes as required. Initiates referral to parents, school personnel or community health resources for intervention, remediation and follow through.
- Certified Registered Nurse.
- Certified School Nurse Certification
Click Here To Apply