Azul Vision is the largest eye care practice in Orange County, Inland Empire, and the Los Angeles area, with Twenty-Five locations and our newest location is Palm Desert to serve you conveniently and comfortably. Our world-class eye doctors are experts in all aspects of eye care as well as leading specialists in vision correction, cataract surgery, and laser eye surgery. We offer everything from cataract removal to cosmetic procedures such as eyelid surgery. You can rest assured you will receive cutting-edge treatment in a comfortable, friendly, and high-tech environment.
The Ophthalmic Technician generates important preliminary information to be used by the optometrist; reviews the patient status and performs medical tests.
- Case history, chief complaint/HPI, Visual acuities, & Coordinates Patient Flow
- Goldmann tonometry and slit lamp, instillation of drops
- Autorefractor, lensometry/neutralize glasses, entering rx into phoropter
- Contact lens insertion and removal training
- Understands basic anatomy of the eye
- Understands ocular medications to refill (early triage with assistance)
- Triage with doctors’ recommendations to finalize
- Back-office inventory & tasks
- Humphrey Visual Fields 24-2, 30-2, Plaquenil
- Problem assessment.
- Creative problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proactively sets, meets, and strives to exceed expectations
- Is an open, clear confident communicator
- Communicates effectively to ensure delivery of the best services to patients
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Comply with all company health and safety systems, policies, protocols, and legislative requirements
- Is aware of the requirements that Azul Vision has in terms of Health & Safety and is committed to own safety and wellbeing and the safety of others in the workplace
- Ensure own reporting of incidents, accidents, and near misses
- Ensure housekeeping in own work area provides a safe and healthy environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Azul Vision will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Azul Vision requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
- Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in an Azul building, employees are expected to always wear a mask.
- Or an approved exemption
Click Here To Apply