New Life Clinical Services of Virginia is looking to directly hire a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) to work at our new facility in North Chesterfield. Applicants must be currently registered with the Virginia Board of Counselors and Department of Health Professions. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
The CSAC will be responsible for helping patients deal with various mental health and substance abuse problems. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the underlying causes of SUD in an effort to provide a continuum of care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the patient on their journey to recovery.
- Works with patients to complete all intakes, admissions, discharges, and transfer paperwork.
- Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction through groups.
- Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment plan within the required time frame.
- Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to address those needs.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling as required.
- Performs direct one-on-one patient contact per week through individual or group counseling.
- Reports patient abuse, neglect, and exploitation as required.
- Reports patient grievances as required.
- Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding health issues, and steps to recovery.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo identification.
- Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center premises.
- Actively participates in community relations activities as directed and authorized.
- Experience in the substance abuse field
- Must hold full licensure in Virginia: (CSAC)
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA 23224: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Addiction counseling: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply