Metro Physical & Aquatic Therapy has grown to become the largest family owned and operated Rehabilitation practices on Long Island. Established in 1982 by founder Sherrie Glasser, M.S. P.T, and run by her son, Michael Mayrsohn DPT OCS, the practice has evolved to become the ONLY comprehensive outpatient company offering Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy, along with Massage and Acupuncture services.
Metro is proud to be the only practice on Long Island where you can get all of your services at one convenient location. If a patient is unable to travel to any of Metro’s 15 locations in Nassau & Suffolk County, we are pleased to offer In Home Therapy and bring any of the services you need to you in the comfort of your own home. Metro has grown to over 250 Therapists across 4 states (New York, Florida, Connecticut & Virginia).
We are inspiring our staff to create an everlasting bond with our patients, our staff, our doctors and our community.
Metro is looking for a motivated and passionate full-time Physical Therapist for our Bellmore office. If you are an experienced Physical Therapist ready to take the next step forward in your career, we want to hear from you.
See Our Bellmore Office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xayHBGqUc
With key leadership and an inspiring vision in place, we’re poised for once-in-a-generation growth. To get there we’re looking for flexible, all-in teammates who are excited by ownership and the opportunity to take on emerging challenges.
What We Offer?
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 4 Week of PTO, including vacation, holidays and mental health days
- Continuing Education & Professional Development
- Paid 1 year OCS Residency Program
- Generous $1,500 stipend per year, plus all expenses paid for any specialty certifications towards Schroth, Pelvic Floor, OCS, PCS, NGS or WCS
- Unlimited online CEUs through our partnership with MedBridge Education
- New York’s 529 College Savings Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Pet, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401K + Company match
- Free Gym Membership to any of our fitness centers
- Longstanding Success
- Outstanding Work Culture
- Leadership and Master Clinician Educational Tracks
- Opportunities for growth
- All of the tools needed to flourish in the specialty of your choice
- Professional, supportive and fun work environment fostered by a team of well-respected and well-liked clinicians who take pride in the challenges of meaningful work
- A highly competitive industry salary and strong benefits package
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
- Progressive Clinic Director and Leadership Development Programs
Physical Therapist Requirements:
- Provide one-on-one treatment in an outpatient setting.
- Plan, prepare and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating the data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Develop and guide plans of care which encourage compliance and produce the best results for your patients.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administer manual exercises, massage and/or traction to help relieve pain, increase the patient’s strength, and decrease or prevent deformity and crippling.
- Provide educational information about physical therapy and physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote health
- Physical Therapist Program Graduate.
- NY Physical Therapist License or eligible.
- Evaluates a patient’s need for physical therapy and develops an appropriate treatment plan.
- Provide appropriate care and treatment to patients based on physician care plan, agency policy and professional standards of care.
- Instructs family members, PTA’s, Home Health Aides, and other caregivers in appropriate physical therapy techniques.
- Mandatory Certifications: First Aid, AED, & CPR Certifications
Metro offers a diverse and creative place to grow, learn, and contribute. If you are interested in joining a passionate and dedicated professional community, let’s talk! New Grads Are Welcome!!!!!!
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellmore, NY 11710: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Physical Therapy License (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply