DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting patients at Check in and out, verifies demographic and insurance information and scans identification and insurance cards
- Aids in the preparation of forms relating to patient information, medical data, and insurance coverage
- Obtaining patient copays and other payments to post as needed
- Maintaining efficiently and accurately the multi-communications made in the office
- Making every effort to remain a flexible, cooperative, and supportive member of the GIS office staff
- Keeps all patient information, practice information, and staff information s
- Enters and scans appropriate Electronic Medical Record documents into patients EMR as needed
- Obtains referrals
- Schedules and reschedules appointments for office visits and Surgery Center procedures
- Review preps for procedures and make sure patients have preps and instructions
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks as required by the practice and management
- strictly confidential
- Performs routine work under general supervision
- Follows established procedures, referring all new or unusual questions/concerns to Team Lead or Manager
- Sends out letters to patients for office recalls and document in notes
- Acts as patient advocate, ensuring a setting that protects the rights of the patient and provides an atmosphere that does not compromise the patient’s physical or mental well-being, safety, or dignity
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA, OSHA, and Fire Safety measures
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with established policies and procedures
- Attends all required meetings
High School Diploma required. Associates degree or post-high school education preferred.
2-3 years of recent outpatient surgery experience (preferred), medical office or hospital experience.
- Above average knowledge of office procedures, chart handling.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Excel and Medent (scheduling software).
- High degree of communication skills, especially telephone skills.
- Moderate physical ability is required with sitting for long periods of time at desk, walking, bending, and some stooping and occasional lifting over 25 pounds.
- Ability to cope with professional stress.
- Ability to follow direction.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19114: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply