Veterans Ambulance Services, LLC is a Veteran-Owned Small Business and Federal Contractor, specializing in providing non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) services via ambulance to local clients and Federal Agencies across the United States.
We are currently looking for experienced Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT-B) and Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (AEMT) needed to provide NEMT services via ambulance to and from patient residences, hospitals and clinics within the Greater Nashville area and surrounding locale. Potential candidates must be able to pass Drug Screening Test and Background Checks. Must be responsible, courteous, and customer service focused. Must be at least 21 years old and a US Citizen.
The applicant must possess and apply knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of an Emergency Medical Technician, in a dignified & compassionate manner, including but not limited to:
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly.
- Administering basic & restricted advanced life support to patients at scene, during transport and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards.
- Communicating with medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/ or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center.
- Completing required reports and patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- The applicant must possess and apply knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of a driver of ambulance equipment.
- Promptly respond to instructions from dispatcher and drive/operate specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed according to applicable laws.
- Ensuring vehicles are always in good working condition, properly maintained and stocked, and have all necessary equipment kept in good working order.
- Receiving requests for emergency and non-emergency ambulance service and other duties related to communication via two-way radio and other communication devices.
- Be a team player, as EMS is a team effort, and applicants must provide necessary assistance to ensure system sanitization, readiness, and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Be flexible as EMS operate on a 24-hour clock; assigned work shift schedule may vary.
- Drive ambulance and secure and treat patients during transport
- 2+ years in EMS transportation industry & passion for customer service
- 5 years driving experience
- Current TN driver’s license w/no DUI’s/reckless driving within last 5 years
- Professional appearance; neatly groomed to impress
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Salary: Up to $25.00/hour
Bonus: up to $3000.00 bonus for qualified applicants
Local candidates only:
Nashville, TN (and surrounding areas)
EMS Transportation: 2 years
*NOTE: Experience must be reflected on Resume*
Required license or certification:
TN Driver’s License/ First Aid and CPR/ AEMT Certificate/License
High school diploma or equivalent
Overtime paid on Federal Holidays (1.5)
Paid vacation (after 1 year of continuous employment)
If interested in applying for position, after being contacted via phone or email, you will be instructed to submit your resume and the following documents asap to expedite consideration:
- Current Resume (must show experience related to job requirements)
- Copy of current Tennessee AEMT Certificate/License
- Copy of current EVOC/EVDT Certificate
- Copy of current First Aid Card/Certificate
- Copy of valid Tennessee Driver’s License
- Copy of MVR/ 3-year Driving Record (no more than 30 days old)
*NOTE : You may send your resume and required items you “currently” have and send the other items as you obtain/renew them to expedite the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up $25.00 per hour
During the current pandemic, all drivers will be screened and provided personal protection equipment (PPE) (masks, gloves, cleaning supplies, etc.). Safety precautions to ensure the safety of the drivers and clients must be strictly adhered to.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMS Transportation: 2 years (Preferred)
- TN Driver’s License (Preferred)
- EMT Certificate/License (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply