***SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY***
NEEDED AT SCI DALLAS
(2) SECOND SHIFT 1400-2230 W/ EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
FULL TIME INCLUDING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
8 hour shifts
RN Rate at SCI Dallas is $65/hr flat rate
Meet new challenges and make a significant difference in a unique and diverse population! Quality Patient Centered Services and The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections is actively seeking dedicated and conscientious Registered Nurses (RNs).
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As an independent contractor with Quality Patient Centered Services (QPCS), and the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections’ Health Care Team, you will assist in providing quality care to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Offender Population. RNs will apply clinical nursing skills, hands-on assessments, and will assist practitioners. RNs will assist with initial screenings, medication administration, health care emergencies, and physical health assessments. RNs shall maintain department compliance for inspections, participate in in-service training, and may provide health related education to staff and Offenders.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Necessary Special Requirements – Possession of a current Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
A required submission of criminal history reports.
You must pass a background investigation.
You must provide complete and accurate information or you may be disqualified.
- Full time hours
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift 1400-2230 w/ every other weekend
- Weekdays/Rotating weekends
RN Rate: $65/hour flat rate
This posting is for an hourly contract position and is non-benefits eligible
This position does not offer benefits, paid time off, or overtime pay. It does not qualify for worker’s compensation or unemployment benefits.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in a Correctional Facility or Emergency Room
- Experience involving mental or chemical health assessments
- Prior experience using Electronic Health Records (EMR)
Core Competencies and professional traits necessary to perform this job.
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing practices, the practice of triage, nursing assessment, skilled nursing tasks, use of diagnostic instruments and apply independent nursing judgment
- Demonstrates a strong ability to make accurate and safe assessments of medical situations
- Demonstrates skills in assessing and creating care plans for inmate health care needs
- Demonstrates efficiency using electronic medical records
- Demonstrates ability to work with physicians, correctional nursing staff members, representatives of other agencies and correctional facility personnel
- Demonstrates ability to as part of a medical team an
- Demonstrates ability to handle difficult and behaviorally challenged persons and remain calm in tense or potentially threatening situations.
About Our Company:
Quality Patient Centered Services (QPCS) is a nurse owned company and all internal staff are clinical. We know the job. We know what we are asking of you. WE VALUE WHAT YOU DO. Please come join our QPCS family. QPCS has served the Federal and State Governments for over 8 years and exclusively works with the Military and Pennsylvania State Department of Corrections. Come join our team and be a part of something amazing by serving those who serve us and supporting your fellow nurses during this time of need.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectively acknowledge people’s differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions’
‘Work Remotely No
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65.00 per hour
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- What is a realistic Start date for you?
- How many years of Correctional nursing experience do you have?
- Have you ever worked for a PA State Correctional Institution and if so, are you eligible for rehire?
- Are you available to work full time hours with rotating weekends?”
- Do you understand this position is an hourly contract position and is non-benefits eligible?
- I understand the DOC is a 24 hour 7 days a week facility seeking nurses available to meet the minimum of every other weekend needs.
I am available to for every other weekend at the DOC.
- Are you available to work full time second shift (1400-2230) w/ every other weekend?
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Pennsylvania RN License (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply