Manager of Adult Counseling Services (LPCC or LISW) (Mental/Behavioral Health)
Join Our Team!
The Nord Center offers an excellent benefit package including several options for health insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous PTO and paid holidays, and free supervision towards independent licensure. Nord also provides CEUs to employees free of charge through our online training platform, Relias.
We provide comprehensive services in house to include residential, psychiatry, sexual assault services, and crisis services. There is also a lot of potential for growth and advancement here that include coordinator, manager, and director positions. We were recently awarded a grant from SAMHSA that allows us immense growth and more comprehensive services, labeling us as a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic to better serve Lorain County! All credentialing services and billing are done by HR and Billing staff so that clinicians can focus on what they do best! Lastly, we are BRAVO Safe Zone certified and utilize a Trauma Informed Care approach.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES*
This position has general responsibility for clinical leadership, planning and supervision of Adult Counseling Services. The service team is responsible for delivering services that meet the needs of clients, customers, constituents, and the community in compliance with performance and production standards and within requirements of regulatory bodies and/or contracts. This position also oversees triage of requests for service and mental health assessments of access clinicians that satisfies the consumer and constituents requesting service information, while meeting standards for access time, availability, appropriateness, and acceptability. Supervises the Day Treatment program while providing coordination of service planning, group programming, and risk management for Day Treatment clients as assigned. This position assumes responsibility for hiring, scheduling, training, monitoring and evaluating staff performance. The position has general responsibility for the development, implementation, operation, monitoring, and general direction of the assigned team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Provides clinical and managerial oversight to assigned Adult Counselor/Therapists.
- Conducts face-to-face mental health assessments (diagnostic assessments), develops individual service plans, and provides referral to appropriate levels of care for client based upon need identified in diagnostic assessment. Carries an ongoing caseload for counseling/therapy services as needed.
- Directs, manages, and provides clinical leadership to the Day Treatment Program as assigned.
- Collaborates with service providers “in house” and in the community to whom referrals are made to maximize an effective and efficient referral process.
- Assumes responsibility for hiring and scheduling of staff. Trains, monitors, and evaluates staff performance. Assumes responsibility for staff discipline and performance management as set forth by Nord Center policies and procedures.
- Identifies and assures provision of training for staff, students, and interns.
- Provides leadership and supervision in development, analysis, modification, and reporting related to access to services, consumer satisfaction, Quality Management and Community Relations.
- Reacts to change and stress productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Gets along with others and works as a team.
- Is responsible for providing a negotiated number of services such as consultation, education, or other clinical tasks as deemed eligible by licensure.
- Manages the daily operation of the service and recommends new or modified systems and procedures as needed for the service area and/or overall Center organization.
- Develops operating plans; recommend service budget, staffing levels and patterns, and specific job descriptions.
- Exhibits the knowledge, skills, and minimum requirements listed in this Position Announcement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED*
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, after an orientation period, the employee must possess the following: a working knowledge of Nord Center Policy and Procedures, including sensitivity and adherence to clients’ rights, confidentiality, and health and safety issues. This position must also exhibit sensitivity to different cultures and be able to present information and respond to questions from management, employees, and the general public. Reacts to change and stress productively and handles other related tasks as assigned.
Personal skills would include good organization skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work productively with a wide variety of personalities.
Almost all time is spent in an office environment. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods and will spend a portion of their time on the telephone. Must be able to bend, stoop, walk, and lift and push minimal loads at various times. A considerable amount of time may also be spent working on a computer so the employee should have close vision ability.
Applies the complete mastery of complex problem-solving skills and in-depth understanding of several related fields. Independent Licensure LISW or LPCC is required. Supervisory designation is strongly preferred. License must be valid and in good standing to practice in the state of Ohio, and applicant must have experience in the mental health field. Supervisory experience, and knowledge/experience in counseling, therapy and rehabilitation programs and services for mental health and dual diagnosis (chemical abuse and dependency). Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to interact well with others, and work under pressure. Computer expertise, especially Windows, fiscal and management acumen, and knowledge of total quality improvement systems and the community mental health environment are strongly preferred. Must have a keen understanding of and sensitivity toward the special needs of the severally mentally ill and their integration into the community, and knowledge of chemical abuse prevention and treatment. Favorable references and/or evaluations are required.
- Masters or better in Social Work or related field
- Masters or better in Counseling Psychology or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Clinical Prof. Counselor
- LISW Supervisor
- LPCC Supervisor
- Independent Social Worker
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply