The Top Ten Reasons Why
Should Work for The Whole Person:
1) New Hires get 5+ weeks (224 hours) of Paid Time Off (PTO) a year – this goes up at 2 year anniversary and 5 year anniversary!
2) Unused PTO rolls over to the next year – up to 350 hours
3) Flexible hours, you know who you need to visit, we let you dictate your schedule
4) We pay 100% of the Employee’s Insurance costs for: Medical, Dental, Vision, Gap Medical
Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability and a $20,000 Term Life Insurance Policy
5) We pay 6.37% of your gross into your Retirement Plan – 403(b)
6) 11 Legal Holidays that aren’t counted toward your PTO!
7) How many places have you worked that has a “FUN Committee”?
8) TWP has set aside Professional Development fees for each employee
9) We are a $35 million Not-for-Profit with 88 Full-time and 30+ part-time Employees
10) This year, our organization celebrated 40 years in the Greater Kansas City Area
The Whole Person also highly encourages people with disabilities to apply to any and all positions.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse – Home Health Care
Department: Home Health Care
Reports to: Director of Nursing Home Health Care
Status: FT – Non-Exempt
Hours per week: 40
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provide nursing care in accordance with quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Visits participants in their home to provide nursing services consistent with plan of care.
- Completes paperwork in accordance with quality standards. Submits to proper authority on time.
- Assures that all services and nursing care is delivered/provided consistent with standard practice of professional nursing.
- Assures that each participant’s plan of care is consistent with participant’s needs and desires.
- Documents and ensures that all contacts and needed follow up information is accurate, thorough and completed within policy and regulatory timelines.
- Makes recommendations for changes in plan of care when needed.
- Recognizes and reports directly to RN any observed changes in participant condition or any adverse situation that may present a danger to the participant.
- Provides participant’s charts to Director of Nursing on a weekly basis for review and perform any follow up as indicated.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Licensed in the State of Missouri as a Practical Nurse
- Ability to travel to participant’s homes
- Current CPR Certification
- Graduate of an accredited vocational/practical nursing program
- Prefer at least three years of experience providing in-home or long-term care for individuals with disabilities
- Satisfactory background check
- Personal Experience with a Disability
- Communicated clearly and in a professional manner with staff and participants
- Flexibility when faced with schedule changes, interruptions or need to deal with difficult situations
- Keeps confidential information confidential
- Demonstrates personal integrity and sound judgement
- Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills
- Models professional attitude and demeanor
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold weather conditions. Must be able to travel during various inclement weather conditions.
May be exposed to infections and contagious disease. Contact with participants under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to participant elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
OSHA exposure Category I – which includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and tissue conditions.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Whole Person is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring staff members reflecting the great diversity of our community. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Whole Person (TWP) is a not-for-profit that provides a proactive, challenging, fun and dynamic team environment in which to work, learn and add value to the Consumers we are privileged to serve in the Kansas City area.
To be a TWP team member you must:
- Want to serve persons with various physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Be prepared to work hard.
- Be prepared to be a part of a dynamic team environment with a supportive culture that encourages personal growth and achievement.
- Be dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service and to contributing to the fun working environment within our organization.
- Support the Mission of the Organization to “Connect people with disabilities to the resources they need by supporting independent choice and advocating for positive change in the community.”
The Whole Person is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring staff members reflecting the great diversity of our community. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Click Here To Apply