The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Come to a department with heart and about heart. The Progressive Care Department (PCU) at Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix provides comprehensive cardiac care to a complex patient population. Staff in PCU care for a wide variety of patients, such as vascular, cardio-thoracic surgical and heart failure, and offer treatment modalities such as left ventricular assist device (LVAD), leach therapy and ultrafiltration (used for HF patients no longer responding to diuretics).
As a Patient Care Technician you are involved first-hand in providing care that improves patient outcomes and experience while also providing a greater learning opportunity about the heart and all its complexities. Team work is STRONG in this department, and support to be your best self is great. Staff truly GROW in PCU, with many PCTs becoming RNs within the department due to the support we provide while in school. Schedule 3 -12 hour shift from 6pm – 6:30am. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we’ve been named one of the “ten most innovative hospitals in the country” by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
This incumbent provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contributes to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records. The position also performs a variety of support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Assists with daily living activities and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice. Procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, IV removal, EKGs and Health Unit Coordinator duties. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to clinical staff and patients for procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in room turnover.
8. Supports a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels, as well as patients, families, and physicians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required. In California: advanced skills are excluded.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Recent healthcare experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Click Here To Apply