Hiring for a Part-Time weekend nurse.
The purpose of your job position is to provide primary skin care to residents in accordance to their care plan along with current federal, state, and local standards that govern the facility, and as directed by the Medical Director/ Attending Physician and/or the Director of Nursing.
The Treatment Nurse / LVN will treat each resident with kindness, dignity and respect. They will knock before entering each resident’s room. They will refer to each resident by their name. They will be courteous to families and visitors. They will maintain a positive and calm disposition. They will communicate clearly, empathetically, and effectively when speaking to residents, family members, visitors, staff and any governmental agency personnel. They will make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. They will work cooperatively with all departments and multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult. They will relate all pertinent information concerning a resident’s condition to a charge nurse when required. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consulting with the Care Planning Team regarding assessment evaluations
- Ensuring that all nursing care is provided in privacy and following facility policies.
- Checking vital signs
- Dressing wounds
- Making rounds with physicians when requested
- Listening to residents and their families
- Addressing questions/concerns of residents
- Documenting residents progress notes in an accurate and detailed fashion
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
- Following Infection and Control policies as well as proper hand washing protocols
- Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately
- Attending annual facility in-service training programs
- Attending meetings and serving on committee’s when required
- Completing other assignments when requested (such as: backing up LVNs and CNAs)
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
RN Nursing Degree or LVN from accredited school or college
Valid RN or LVN license in good standing
Valid CPR and BLS card
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum of 6 months skilled nursing experience preferred
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
Ability to use computer or tablet to enter resident data
May encounter frequent interruptions
May be involved with residents, family and government agencies
May be requested to work beyond scheduled working hours at times
Is subject to call‑back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post‑disaster, etc.)
May be subjected to odors, dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoking or air contaminants
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
May be exposed to or handle hazardous chemicals
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
Working throughout the nursing areas
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Lifting more weight up to 100 pounds requires assistance
Ability to read fine print on tablet, progress notes and/or medical labels
Click Here To Apply