Provide safe, quality patient care to critically ill or injured patients in pre-hospital or hospital setting under the guidelines of state protocols and LifeNet standards of care. Provide ongoing monitoring & management of critically ill or injured during transport via ground and fixed wing ambulances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the highest quality of patient care by carrying out established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Responds to requests for emergency medical care within prescribed time limits, providing both prehospital and continuation of continuity of hospital care
- Utilizes medical equipment including cardiac monitor, 12 lead interpretation, ventilator, IV pumps, oxygen, suction devices, etc…
- Remains current on the latest training within the air medical industry and ground EMS industry
- Demonstrates and maintains an in-depth knowledge base of disease processes
- Prepares and submits documentation of patient information according to LifeNet standards while keeping this information protected and private.
- Maintains annual continuing education requirements within preset time limits set by administration
- Maintains operational readiness and professionalism by adhering to and maintaining consistency with the administrative and departmental policies regarding appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, and reliability.
- Follows LifeNet guidelines for customer service and marketing.
- Transports critically ill patients in different modes of transportation including ground and fixed wing ambulances
- Provides continuing education/training for internal and external partners upon request
- Attends monthly departmental staff meetings
- Inventories supplies, monitors expiration dates of supplies, monitors temperature and process monitoring of blood products, and adheres to set LifeNet policies for narcotic storage and administration
- Inspects ambulance and aircraft daily and reports any abnormalities to base lead and maintenance team
- Adheres to LifeNet SOP’s with regards to working with other divisions within LifeNet
- Notifies the Director of Specialty Care Services of any negative impact to LifeNet’s flight program that may occur while on or off duty in a timely fashion
- Adheres to safety, health, and regulatory requirements as described in the administrative and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains cleanliness of the ground and fixed wing ambulance unit(s) and base of operations
- Achieves and maintains a high level of appropriate communication between team members, pilots, and the Communications Center to help ensure unit readiness
- Participates in pre-shift crew briefs with each oncoming pilot at the beginning of their shift
- Maintains flight currency training as outlined by the flight department educator
- Performs other related duties as required
- Current Texas and Arkansas state licenses as a paramedic
- Current NREMT-Paramedic certification
- Minimum two years of experience as a paramedic
- Current state driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Negative DOT drug screen
- Current ACLS, BLS, PALS/PEPP, NRP, ITLS/PHTLS.
- NIMS training ICS 100, 200 and 700
- FPC certification
Note: Must be able to obtain within year of signing job description
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Functional movement to include heavy lifting of patients and equipment within highly stressed environments
MCIs, life and death situations, high call volumes within a 24 hour period
Flying day and night operations, loud noises, high pressure, hazards environment
Climbing, kneeling, bending, standing, twisting, pushing, pulling, fine motor skills, reaching above shoulder level, lifting patients weighing greater than 250 pounds
Driving or staffing an ambulance
Hearing/listening, clear speech, upper and lower body flexibility, multiple physical & mental activities performed simultaneously
Extreme hot and cold temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, pressurized equipment, moving objects, contact with body fluids, fumes/odors/mists, gases
Works with and around others, work in confined area
Kitchen appliances, cleaning equipment, protective devices
Stretcher, computer, maps, IV supplies, bandaging, medications, monitor/defibrillator, radio, critical care equipment, ventilator, trauma bag/box, narcotics
Click Here To Apply