Swedish is looking for a Social Work Case Manager (Per Diem, Variable Shift) to work in Outpatient Psych at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
- Free Parking and ORCA Assistance for your commute
The Social Work Case Manager provides clinical case management functions via a collaborative process that transitions patients to optimal clinical outcomes while assuring safe, cost-effective care. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the department’s value of teamwork.
In this position you will:
- Conduct psychosocial need assessments for patients and families during hospital stay, identifying risk factors and strengths of patient/family support system
- Create and implements transition plans for all patients. Educates patient and family of transition plans upon admission and provides updates and/or changes throughout the hospital stay. Assists patients and families in accessing community resources
- Work with Patient Access Liaisons to facilitate screening for financial needs. Collaborates with the health care team to identify issues or problems with finances. Helps facilitate applications for benefits as needed. Collaborates with the health care team to communicate and co-ordinate with insurance companies to arrange appropriate post-hospital care and services
- Participate in case management and unit healthcare teams. Collaborates with RN Case Manager, physicians and other team members. Identifies the “Captain of the Ship” in complex cases with multiple doctors.
- Assure patients, families and staff support the cultural aspects in the delivery of health care. Assures availability of interpreter services as appropriate to patient/family needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Licensed Social Work Associate – Independent Clinical (LSWAIC)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensure as an Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) with the Washington State Department of Health under Chapter 18.225 RCW
- ACM/CCM certification
- One (1) year directly related work experience social services in a heath care setting
- Experience in crisis intervention
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
217 licensed beds. 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff. 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel.
Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work
Work Locations: Edmonds Main Bldg (WA151) 21601 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026
Req ID: 332020
Click Here To Apply