We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our Hospice team at CaringEdge.
- Benefits: 401(k) an matching 401(k), Health, dental and vision insurance, paid sick time, paid time off, career advancement / continuing education
- Starting Wage – $16/hour
The hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs and to promote comfort.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
2. Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
3. Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
4. Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
5. Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
6. Providing proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
7. Assessing and reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the Case Manager.
8. Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
9. Provide normal range of motion and transfers/positioning as directed.
10. Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals.
11. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
12. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered.
13. Providing respite for patient’s/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
14. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
15. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
16. Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient’s personal needs.
1. Meets the training requirements of the State.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
4. Satisfactory references from previous employers.
5. Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision. Secure with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm manner when in a patient’s home.
6. Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
7. Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
8. Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
9. Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- CNA License within the state (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply