Be in charge of a group of dedicated and compassionate nurses, ensuring they are able to provide the highest quality of care for residents. Involved in hiring, orientation, monitoring skills and training. Working with doctors, obtaining medications, and maintaining accurate records of treatment.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Supervise nursing unit including scheduling and directing nursing staff
- Coordinate effective use of personnel, supplies, equipment and facilities; obtain medications and medical records to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents
- Contact physicians as necessary and ensure physician interventions are timely and appropriate; ensure appropriate documentation of resident care
- Review staffing patterns and census of nursing units; reassign personnel when necessary to ensure residents needs and budgetary controls are met
- Investigate complaints and take necessary action to resolve problems
- Responsible during the shift for the total nursing care of residents in the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company regulations.
- Explains procedures and treatments and care plan to residents.
- Transcribes physician’s orders to resident charts, medication*/*treatment cards and care plans as required.
- Charts progress notes in an informative, factual manner that reflects the care administered as well as the resident’s response to care.
- Receives*/gives report from*/to nurse he*/she is relieving/*coming on and records sufficient information and implements appropriate follow-up action as necessary
- Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all reports of incident/accidents for residents and employee
- onducts frequent rounds to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery. Maintains awareness of comfort and safety need resident.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of resident.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Assists in completion of the care plans *(*acute and long term) and is involved in the care conference as deemed necessary.
- Participates, reports to DONI Administrator and conducts (as appropriate) investigations related to any alleged abuse.
- Ensures that the progress notes are reflective of the care plan and that the approaches on the care plan are being followed.
- Assures that team is aware of the resident care plan, and ensure personnel refer to the care plan prior to administering care.
- Monitors that documentation is completed daily. Takes report from nursing staff to facilitate accurate documentation in resident medical record.
- Responsible for all other RN duties as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Current State Registered Nurse license with a minimum of 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good standing in the state registry is required.
Click Here To Apply