Aspen Consulting Group currently has an immediate opening for an entry level Software Defined Radio (SDR) Software Developer. This is a full-time position on-site at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. The SDR Software Developer will develop software for SDR applications in support of leading-edge Department of Defense (DoD) C5ISR missions. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply!
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, detail focused, and have a degree and/or experience related to one or more of the C5ISR mission areas (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance).
· Bachelor of Science degree in a computer science, engineering or mathematics discipline is required. An Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant SDR SW development experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Demonstrate C/C++ software development basic competency with learning, enhancing and maintaining existing source code utilizing Git version control.
· Demonstrate Linux OS basic competency with installing and using software from Linux repositories and source code such as building a C++ GitHub project from source with make, as well as using Linux command line utilities.
· Ability to understand and communicate basic technical concepts and requirements in SDR applications.
· Experience in SDR frameworks such as GNU Radio/USRP, RTL-SDR, Redhawk, X-MIDAS and Salvage is highly desirable.
· Experience in accurately documenting software (requirements, flow diagrams, readme, users guide, etc.) and managing software bugs, features, epochs, sprints and releases using tools (e.g., JIRA) is a plus.
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Successful background investigation is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance upon hire. TS/SCI preferred
About our Company
Since 2001, Aspen Consulting Group has been recognized for our expert knowledge in hardware design and fabrication, software development, information operations, systems engineering, development, integration and testing. The company has offices in Manasquan and Sea Girt NJ and an extensive on-site presence at APG, MD and JB MDL, NJ. You can find us at Aspen Consulting Group.
About our Benefits
Aspen Consulting Group offers an excellent benefit package! The company currently pays 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums and also funds a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that covers initial out of pocket costs.
Summary of Coverage
· Paid Leave (Four weeks of PTO vacation/sick time)
· Employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
· Prescription Drug Plan
· Employer funded HRA ($2K single/$4K family)
· Employer-paid Life Insurance ($100K per qualified employee)
· Employer-paid Short- and Long-Term Disability Plans
· Paid Holidays (11 per year)
· 401K Plan (contributions matched up to 4% of salary, immediately vested)
· Bonus Plan (paid at least once per year)
· Employee Referral Bonus Plan ($5K per hire/$20K max annually)
· Employee Tuition Reimbursement Plan
Aspen Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- C++: 1 year (Required)
- Git: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply