We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Adjusts major and complex losses, but may also adjust standard losses. Trains other claims employees in the area of expertise. Assists with reinspections and file reviews. Works closely with the District Managers and agency force. May assist Team Leaders and Management personnel with technical support for adjusting claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
Candidates must live in Sacramento area.
**Sign on bonus available**
- Adjusts large or complex losses in their entirety.
- Responsible for completing all procedural requirements as outlined in the FCC and CR Procedural Manuals.
- Responsible for completing proper investigations on complex losses.
- Maintains control of assigned Suits vs. Exchange and other litigated specialty files.
- Monitors and controls legal expenses. Attends litigation conferences, arbitration hearings and trials as necessary.
- Conducts reinspections and field-rides with Claims Representatives.
- May be responsible for training of Claims personnel.
- Provides District Managers and Agents with information on loss trends in their specialty field.
- Attends and speaks at District Managers meetings on various issues.
- Provides feedback from District Managers and Agents to the Claims Office.
- Prepares written correspondence to District Managers and Agents regarding specialty issues.
- Assists Team Leaders and Supervisors in evaluating the technical abilities of specialty Claims Representatives and Claims Associates.
- Assists with the handling of authority requests during the absence of the Supervisor, the Zone or Specialty Manager.
- May travel throughout the operating territory to assist with catastrophe losses. Reviews Claims Office Operations and conducts quality assurance evaluations (Commercial Claims only).
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals. Performs other duties as assigned.
BendingPullingSorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. PushingSpeaking (English) ClimbingReachingStanding Key enteringReading (English)Walking KneelingSeeingWriting (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Completion of, or actively pursuing a major insurance designation, or actively pursuing insurance related courses.
- 3 years of prior property claims experience.
- Successful demonstration/completion of the Claims General Adjuster prerequisites, proficiencies, and exams, as required based on unit of assignment. External candidates have 90 days from date of hire to complete the process.
- Communication Skills
- Personal Computer Literate
- Valid driver’s license
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location.
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
Job Location(s): Sacramento, CA
Click Here To Apply